Trying to make my flash drive bootable (Corsair Voyager)

Mech0z

I have a Corsair Voyrager 8gb which I would like to use for installing Vista as I often change my autoinstall using Vlite, but I can't get the my computer to boot from it.

I then tried to follow this guide http://kurtsh.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!...mp;sa=167664163

but when I use the command list disk my flash drive is not shown, and if I seek for info about how the list disk works it should not list removeable disks.

So how am I supposed to do this?

EDIT: Apparently you can't see most usb drives with the List Disk feature when running Win XP. So I have to find a Vista machine to format my key from.

Edited by Mech0z

Here are the steps I used and works 100%. Just in case you are still trying.

Run CMD.EXE and type the following.

Note: This set of commands assumes that the USB flash drive is addressed as "disk 1". you should double check that by doing a list of the disks (type "list disk") before cleaning it. If you have multiple hard drives, like an SDFlash drive or a Multibay drive, you could end up wiping your second drive using this command.

1. diskpart

2. select disk 1

3. clean

4. create partition primary

5. select partition 1

6. active

7. format fs=fat32

8. assign

9. exit

10. Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

Simply issue the following command to start copying all the content from the Windows Vista DVD to your newly formatted high speed flash drive.

* xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\

Worked for me.