CD-Key error

TedJBrown

I used nLite to slipstream SP3, IE 7, and WMP 11 into Windows XP Home Edition. The host PC is Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 x64.

I'm testing the iso in VirtualBox 2.1.

Even after running nLite as administrator and in Windows XP Sp2 compatibility mode, the product key isn't accepted during setup.

I haven't tried to nLite the source more than once.

The source CD is a retail copy of XP Home Edition 2002 edition with SP1 integrated. My product key IS valid.

I don't want to have to install XP first and then slipstream from that.

Last_Session.ini

I have the same issue running Vista Ultimate 64. Tried with unattended setting for CD key and without, both break at Key Validation point. That the bug isnt fixed seems to the case but it really is a PITA since most vista users dont have XP fully installed and want to do so using nlite for a second OS boot or virtual machine.

Hope someone fixes this soon! Is it in the works?

TedJBrown and amazonkid, I've read elsewhere that it is the slipstreaming of XP SP3 under Vista that is the problem. You could try it without the SP and see if it works. Otherwise, you need to find an XP machine. Another alternative suggested earlier is to install a virtual system and bring up XP and run nLite there. Having the virtual system would be very useful for testing the ISO. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: amazonkid, whether this is a bug or not is up to discussion. It may be the nature of the beast (nLite). I suspect nLite uses the Windows slipstream routines and the problem may well be there. I also suspect this is not being treated as a bug and probably no one is working. Enjoy, John.

Edited by johnhc

forkprong, You really should start a new topic. Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

forkprong, You really should start a new topic. Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

Okay, new topic OTW