[Release] Nero Lite-Micro 9.2.6.0 Europa Asia

scheccia

feedback on build 1.9 (micro):

[no] some of the installation/uninstallation screen still shows "Nero Micro 9.2.6.0 1.9". Better if just "Nero Micro 9.2.6.0" [screenshots attached]

:sneaky: remove it...

[no] build # not updated in file properties (shown as 1.8.0.0) <-- no big deal ;)

Ok

[bug] v1.9 still creates the 7-zip shortcut (7za.exe @ temp/nero folder)

find it, it's in ita-eng version :realmad:, I thought it was in the Europe and I was crazy :rolleyes:

[bug] Missing uninstall shorcut in Nero's start menu (build 1.8 not affected)

some people have asked to remove, there is in controllo pannel.

I'm uploading 1.9.1 of micro ita-eng

Do we need to select something to create an addon for the micro release? I asume we must only select VC++ and Nero Express, but i better ask...

thanks.

download Addon Creator and select what you do want.

Vc++ if haven't another programm that install it, it's necessary.

i'm curious on 1 thing, scheccia ...

in the installation folder (C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9) there are 2 folders: Nero Burning ROM and Nero Express

I did a hash comparison on both folders. ALL files are identical except the loader and its manifest file (Nero.exe.manifest/Nero.exe -vs- NeroExpress.exe.manifest/NeroExpress.exe)

why didn't you merge them together? My estimation on space saving is ~40MB and reduction of 117 redundant files (each folder is ~88MB/119 files with the individual loader/manifest itself at ~40MB)

i understand that some users may not need Nero Express so they can choose not to install it (therefore no duplicated files installed).

However, if a Nero Express user choose to install Nero Express, the final space/qty required is doubled (i.e. Nero Burning ROM @ 88MB/119 files + Nero Express @ 88MB/119 files)

not sure about others, but for Micro package, i'd suggest to merge/combine both Nero Burning Rom + Nero Express as 1 single package (i.e. Nero Burning ROM @ 88MB/119 files + NeroExpress.exe.manifest + NeroExpress.exe [~40MB/2 files]). With this, there's no option to turn off Nero Express in setup gui.

just a thought ;)

i'm curious on 1 thing, scheccia ...

in the installation folder (C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9) there are 2 folders: Nero Burning ROM and Nero Express

I did a hash comparison on both folders. ALL files are identical except the loader and its manifest file (Nero.exe.manifest/Nero.exe -vs- NeroExpress.exe.manifest/NeroExpress.exe)

why didn't you merge them together? My estimation on space saving is ~40MB and reduction of 117 redundant files (each folder is ~88MB/119 files with the individual loader/manifest itself at ~40MB)

i understand that some users may not need Nero Express so they can choose not to install it (therefore no duplicated files installed).

However, if a Nero Express user choose to install Nero Express, the final space/qty required is doubled (i.e. Nero Burning ROM @ 88MB/119 files + Nero Express @ 88MB/119 files)

not sure about others, but for Micro package, i'd suggest to merge/combine both Nero Burning Rom + Nero Express as 1 single package (i.e. Nero Burning ROM @ 88MB/119 files + NeroExpress.exe.manifest + NeroExpress.exe [~40MB/2 files]). With this, there's no option to turn off Nero Express in setup gui.

just a thought ;)

Yes are the same.

in my installer when you select nero express... i copy the file of nero burning folder in nero express folder ;).

I tried the 1.9 installer and created a hfslip unattended installer but I have a problem.

The app seems to install but when I try to run I got an error message that the application is not installed correctly.

You haven't select Vc++2005.

Nero Micro ITA-ENG 1.9.1 is missing the shortcut for Nero Express...

ok, in silent. Excuse me, for every review, i must change silent and Gui installation... sometimes i forget something.

Corrent and upload 1.9.2 of micro.

I tried the 1.9 installer and created a hfslip unattended installer but I have a problem.

The app seems to install but when I try to run I got an error message that the application is not installed correctly.

You haven't select Vc++2005.

I did and I tried to select everything but I always get the same message. I also noticed that whatever I select the output file size is the same.