WFP fully disable. How?

XibaD

Hi!

I use nlite software quite often to do this, but this time I had to reinstall XP x64 and I was in a hurry and I couldn't nlite the installation (well, yes I could, but I only had SP1, so when I updated to SP2 I lost certain settings).

Now I want to hack my files manually BUT the annoying WFP prevents me from doing that. I erased dllcache, tried registry tweaks and so on, but nothing seems to work. Certain files, like ntoskrnl.exe seems to be restored from original binaries. Could you provide me the exact way to do this in Windows XP x64 as nlite does it? I wouldn't want to re-install again :(

Thanks for the advice :)

WINXP manager is a utility program found at www.yamicsoft.com/xpmanager

It says it's Windows XP SP3 compatible (x86 I assume), not x64 compatible. x64 libraries require specific x64 patching. By the way, for x86 XP I prefer XPLite, as is also not free software.

U can also use WFPreplace to replace wfp protected files. http://www.bitsum.com/wfpreplace.asp

Yes, but I want to fully disable WFP, like nlite does. But now I don't want to reinstall windows with an nlited copy. It must be some other way.

Anyway, thanks for the help :)

Any more suggestions? I googled but I don't find any specific x64 instructions.

WINXP manager is a utility program found at www.yamicsoft.com/xpmanager

It says it's Windows XP SP3 compatible (x86 I assume), not x64 compatible. x64 libraries require specific x64 patching. By the way, for x86 XP I prefer XPLite, as is also not free software.

U can also use WFPreplace to replace wfp protected files. http://www.bitsum.com/wfpreplace.asp

Yes, but I want to fully disable WFP, like nlite does. But now I don't want to reinstall windows with an nlited copy. It must be some other way.

Anyway, thanks for the help :)

Any more suggestions? I googled but I don't find any specific x64 instructions.

Hey XibaD

From the Yamicasoft Site

Can WinXP Manager run in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition?

Yes! It can run in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Edition, only the Shell context menu is invalid.

**note**

always check the FAQ's and any other info source.

Believe me, you will find the answers.

sincerely

LarryLaser

Edited by LarryLaser

Why not just copy patched file from nlited source you create, and run tweak?

here's what you do:

copy xp x64 source to hd, open nlite, only select to patch sfc, nothing else!. then let nlite do its thing.

Then just goto the source folder and sort by files last modified, and use logic to find proper files.

Extract the registry tweaks needed from nlite.inf or such.

Im just about ready for bed, but that should help if you know your way around windows.

• 2 weeks later...
Why not just copy patched file from nlited source you create, and run tweak?

here's what you do:

copy xp x64 source to hd, open nlite, only select to patch sfc, nothing else!. then let nlite do its thing.

Then just goto the source folder and sort by files last modified, and use logic to find proper files.

Extract the registry tweaks needed from nlite.inf or such.

So, has anyone done this yet? I too would like to disable SFC and WFP, not using nlite, on some existing installs of XP x64.