Windows Vista service pack 2 beta

trafo

Hi all!

Did anybody tryied to install SP2 beta on Vista x64? i've heard that it brings even 10% improvement in performance, i'm not shure to install it. SP1 beta gave my PC hard times.

i'v heard about 10% of performance boost in games somewhere in internet, after instaling SP2 :unsure: but since my games are mainly bottlenecked by CPU (e6750) than SP2 probably won't help me :ph34r:

For more information about previously released compatibility updates, refer to article 947562 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128900.

Hardware ecosystem support and enhancements

Adds support for the 64-bit central processing unit (CPU) from VIA Technologies, which adds the ID and vendor strings for the new VIA 64-bit CPU.

Integrates the Windows Vista Feature Pack for Wireless, which contains support for Bluetooth v2.1. Bluetooth v2.1 is the most recent specification for Bluetooth wireless technology and Windows Connect Now (WCN) Wi-Fi Configuration.

Improves performance for Wi-Fi connection after resuming from sleep mode.

Includes updates to the RSS feeds sidebar with improved performance and responsiveness.

Includes ability to record data to Blu-Ray media.

Operating system experience updates

Windows Search 4.0 builds on Microsoft’s search technology with improved indexing and search relevance. It also helps find and preview documents, e-mail messages, music files, photos, and other items on the computer. The search engine in Windows Search 4.0 is a Microsoft Windows® service that is also used by programs such as Microsoft Office Outlook® 2007 and Microsoft Office OneNote® 2007.

Improves Windows Media Center (WMC) in Content protection for TV.

Enterprise improvements

Provides the Hyper-V virtualization environment as a fully integrated feature of Windows Server 2008, including one free daughter OS with Windows Server 2008 Standard, four free licenses with Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and an unlimited number of free licenses with Windows Server 2008 Datacenter.

Provides an improved power management policy that is up to 10% more efficient than the original in some configurations (both on the server and the desktop), and includes the ability to manage these settings via Group Policy.

Improves backwards compatibility for Terminal server license keys. Windows Server 2008 changed the licensing key from 512 bytes to 2,048 bytes which caused clients using older Terminal versions to fail. SP2 allows legacy license keys on Citrix applications to work with Windows Server 2008 Terminal server.