.net integration w service pack 2 reinstall cd

I'm creating a new reinstall disk for the many laptops I have to RIS up each week for my job. I figured out how to slipstream all of the windows updates, windows media player, and all of drivers needed for the different laptops we need. What I can't for the life of me figure out is how to integrate the following files in:

dotnetfx1.1.exe

dontnetfx3setup.exe

dotnetfx30SP1setup.exe

dotnetfx.exe

NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe

NetFx20SP1_x86

I have been using nlite to try to integrate them. I have been using CDBurnerXP 4.2.3.1110. Also I have been using command propts like

c:\updates\software\NetFx20SP1_x86 /integrate:c:\xp

to integrate the updates the rest of the updates with success but no luck for .NET. The links in the forums for RyanVM's fix are not working. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Try an utility called silent .NET Maker or SNM for short. It builds administrative installations of .NET versions with service packs included all in a single executable that you can use for integration later. But .NET :wacko: is VEEEERY troublesome. :wacko: I'm still having trouble with 3.0 and trying to figure out the integration of the stupid thing.

Aaron Stebner's WebLog is a good source of information to try to deal with this mess Micro$$$$oft provided us.

i call the silent install of .net from cmdlines.cmd @ T-13. I dont really have the option to slip it anyway as it is required the end users be able to uninstall from the control panel. And btw Nlite is for personal use and not for distro copies.

you will have to put "net stop msiserver" between 1.1 and the next executable as 1.1 is not fond of giving up the installer service.

and why not go 3.5sp1 and leave yourself only having to install

attached is an .au3 for installing 3.5 that waits for the limited UI progress window to close then finishes, seems to be an effective way to prevent it from allowing subsequent installs to start prematurely.

NET3.5.au3

Try an utility called silent .NET Maker or SNM for short. It builds administrative installations of .NET versions with service packs included all in a single executable that you can use for integration later....

You'll find this method updated in Silent .NET Maker Synthesized.

For now on you can build updated localized ad-hoc nlite add-ons with that in an automated process.

Edited by strel