Windows XP, 2003, vista & Linux in Multiboot DVD

rickytheanuj

I want to creat a Multiboot DVD which contain Windows XP, 2003, Vista and Linux operating system. And Live Windows XP and PQMagic based on linux boot image.

How can I do so and which software is good for me. I extract boot image of windows but unable to extract boot image of vista, linux and linux based boot image.

And also tell me how can I use that linux boot image.

As you know I want to creat a dvd with multi windows OS how can I do so, when I copy windows XP and 2003 because both windows contain i386 folder and how can i manage same think in vista and linux

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem as you. I want create a dvd multiboot with windows vista ultimate, windows xp ue7, hiren's bootcd and minipe. But I have the same problem with the folder i386 of windows xp ue7 and minipe.

And I have other problem, 1 weeks ago that I'm waiting for someone to help me in another forum. I come here looking for help.

Last only 30 minutes to realize that this forum is bad. Everybody wonder the same thing and anybody knows how to do or anybody want help.

Shame nobody seems to know.. was hoping for a guide or something that could help. I have a multiboot xp/vista/ubuntu but it's outdated.

But if you can already do Vista+XP+Linux, you've more or less solved the original problem haven't you?

Why don't you post how you did that and the original querent should have a good starting point for building their install disc.

-- deadbug

The point is, I have the ISO. But I didn't create it. I'm trying to look into the mechanism and build a decent version with boot GUI.

Though I'm still trying to find the file that boots the XP setup, may need some help.. One OS at a time..

I use ISOLINUX now, so I'm pretty sure that if you have /boot/isolinux or /isolinux on the DVD, then it uses that.

I used to use CDSHELL, if your DVD uses that then there should be a cdsh.bin somewhere.

Once you know which of those two methods it uses, you can start to pick it apart (by looking at the corresponding menu files and seeing what they do for Vista). There are other ways of building a multiboot CD (easyBoot is one I think) but I've never used them so I've no idea where to look for those.

• 3 months later...