Complete Guide to VLite v1.2 (PDF)

Randomness

.: Download:. (Mediafire)

I earlier attempted to make a guide for the services in vLite 1.6. Since then I have learnt an incredible amount about Windows and this program, thanks to users here on the forum and elsewhere. Now I have taken it a step further, making a complete guide on how to make the perfect vLite installation. It covers everything from A to Z, and includes a refined guide to services too!

Feedback is deeply appreciated. Both bad and good. ;)

Edited by Randomness

gr8 guide :)

but

modem support should be depend cos its need to modem of cellphone if im not worng ?

very understandable for newbie users and looking nice :)

Edited by aviv00

gr8 guide :)

but

modem support should be depend cos its need to modem of cellphone if im not worng ?

very understandable for newbie users and looking nice :)

Although that is true, there are very few that still actually use a modem for Internet access. But because of the diversity of the countries in our world, I'll agree with you there and change the status.

nice guide, but mark UAC as "Unsafe", because if you remove UAC and try to set it on, your Vista will be killed.

Haha, who would want to turn that service on AFTER removing it? :lol: Thanks for the warning though, I'll write it as a comment.

Very nice guide. =)

I was not able to click on the links using foxit

Completely my mistake. :} I really prefer using PDF as the format, and I know it is in fact possible, so could anyone give me a hand on this one? (did try to Google it)

@ rmhainlen: Is your problem that you are not able to install the WAIK setup, or is it that vLite won't open properly even after having done so? For the latter option, see the troubleshooting box on page 1 of the guide. :)

@ Mech0z: Really sorry for the headache that must have caused you. :o Have you tried not to check the "Dynamic Volume Manager" in Hardware Support under part 4? At the moment, that is the only component I can see having such an effect. To save time, you should try using a program called "Virtual PC". It lets you install and boot an operative system inside your running one. Don't worry if you don't get Internet access or sound in the virtual OS, since I had problems with that too when trying it.

@Randomness,

Definitely fixed my error....forgot to burn the iso to a disk.....I slept a few hours then figured out my mistake. :)

On page 3, I am trying to integrate the hotfixes and you say, "select the two which are already there."

I definitely have zero hotfixes. Is my system just not all the way updated?

EDIT:

go ahead and ignore that....just compiling it/burning to disk now.

Thanks for the excellent guide....easy to follow.

Later today, I shall test it out on a different partition.

Edited by rmhainlen

It would be nice to have the System names of services listed along with the Display names, similar to here: http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm The reason being that in non-English editions of Vista some of the services have localized Display names, and it is really difficult to figure out which is which unless you know exactly where to look.