Windows Media Center Remote

ramday

Someone gave me a old Windows Media Center Remote (Link to it - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16880100851 ) and I'd like to use it with PowerDVD and any other appz that I can. Are there any componets in Vista x64 I need to keep so I don't loose the remote functionality. I'm assuming I need to keep Infrared Support and Media Center. Is there anything else?

Someone gave me a old Windows Media Center Remote (Link to it - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16880100851 ) and I'd like to use it with PowerDVD and any other appz that I can. Are there any componets in Vista x64 I need to keep so I don't loose the remote functionality. I'm assuming I need to keep Infrared Support and Media Center. Is there anything else?

I just faced the same dilemna myself. I think you've about covered it. It seems I've read the remote drivers are in the windows/ehome directory. Anyway, I kept infrared and MC and I now have drivers & Media Center.

Darn...so we need to keep the entire Media Center dashboard just to use the remote? Does that mean the remote can't be used with XP, Home Basic or any other distro of Windows without the media center package?

Before I have my MCE remote I used a iMon IR Receiver. Media centre is must & infrared support were both removed and the IR receiver worked fine. I guess this is because it came with its own software and drivers.

Infrared support removed & romote works fine sound stranging as i removed tv tuner support as it comes with its own software. But bad luck in my case. I have to preserve TV tuner support to watch TV on my PC. It sounds strange also as support is removed and your hardware installed properly.