How do I copy or clone an xp pro installation?

Arrow

I have a fresh install complete with updates and a few basic programs, what is the simplest way to make a bootable clone/copy of this to load complete onto other [larger] sized hdd's?

I have two pc's and two external hdd's, but not a pc with 2 internal hdd's.

Edited by Arrow

Will you be using this on the same system for restoration, on systems with identical hardware (or at least the same chipset and similar processor and add-on cards), or on completely different spec'd systems? If you're using it on the same system, you can use an imaging utility (I like PING) to create a disk image, and then restore that when you need it and all will be back how it was. If you are going to be using it on different systems with the same specs, you can probably get away with doing the same thing, but make sure that you change the SID on the reimaged systems, because if you don't you could run into networking problems and security risks if two computers have the same SID. If you're going to be deploying to a wide variety of computers, then your best bet would be an unattended disk or SYSPREP. We can help you with all of the above methods if you'd like ;)

Thanks I'll start off with same system only.

Other than what is in the guide what do I need to know about Ping because I haven't used linux before, on a scale of easiness for a relative duffer how does Ping rate ?

Forget about the network stuff I just want to create a bootable iso.

I've made a bootable win2k disc with sp4 slipstreamed in the past but that's as complicated as I get :)

Edited by Arrow

you can always run SysPrep. That is what we use here. We installed XP on a machine and configured it the way we wanted to and then we ran SysPrep and Ghosted the SysPrep image and we use that to ghost onto our other machines...it works fine!