Any network connection indicator for Win9x?

Ken-mkII

Tihiy, this is a GREAT TOOL! Thanks a lots!!

Just like what raidyd said, could it be localized? Seems that thoe resource hacker is not worked with it.

Since I am using Trad. Chinese version of Windows now. Localized it to chinese seems to be more interesting.

Finally, I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST in 2009, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :thumbup

Tihiy, this is a GREAT TOOL! Thanks a lots!!

Just like what raidyd said, could it be localized? Seems that thoe resource hacker is not worked with it.

Since I am using Trad. Chinese version of Windows now. Localized it to chinese seems to be more interesting.

Finally, I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST in 2009, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :thumbup

Happy new year!

I don't have XP and am not sure that that indicator does.

I use Tiny Personal Firewall 2.1.5. The system tray icon displays an arrow when network traffic moves through the firewall, green when accepted and red when not accepted. You can ascertain the amount of traffic from the arrow flash rate.

In conjunction with a cpu indicator, it is very useful to know if nothing is happening and you should try something else or if the system is doing something and you should wait for a result.

I used Process Explorer for a while but switched back to Norton System Doctor because PE didn't have, or I could not find, an sensor for physical memory utilization, which NSD does have. I keep three sensors on top at all times, cpu, physical memory, and virtual memory. I made them small enough not to overlap any application window areas.

NSD doesn't have a tray indicator. Instead, I placed the sensors on the upper right of my screen over the minimize, maximize, and close button, which I don't use very often. If I want to close a window with my mouse, I use the control menu at the left hand of the title bar.

@fortcollins

you probably already know this, but just in case, i found out several months ago that double-clicking the left icon will close the window. i should have figured this out 10 years ago. me = duh. haha.

Does anyone know how to disable (Reg key) the original network connection icon in the system tray ?

Huh? Windows 9x does not have an original network connection icon...

Are you using Windows 9x?

Edited by RetroOS