2008-12-31 - Anolis Resourcer Alpha Released

W3bbo

2008-12-31-resourcer.png

I've finally got the Anolis Resourcer program up to a usable state and christened it a 0.6 Alpha release (sorry, not a beta as I earlier promised). You can download it from the Codeplex releases page.

What this means for everyone else is that we're actually getting somewhere and I'm confident in a Febuary release for xpize 5 and Vize 2.

I'd appreciate it if everyone could leave feedback on the Issue Tracker page on Codeplex, thanks.

...and have a happy new year!

Edited by W3bbo

Guys, please realize that this is an ALPHA release.

Please do not use this program on any production machine, machine with work, memories, etc.

Please test in a virtualized environment with VirtualBox, VMWare, or VirtualPC.

You have been warned ;) Happy testing.

EDIT::

Oh, and we need bugs filed in Issue Tracker. Please do so; check cases where it doesn't work as expected that isn't already mentioned on the "Known Issues" part of the release notes. (You might need to make an account; and we truly appreciate the feedback and testing.)

REMEMBER::

Windows XP SP3 (or latest service packs of NT v5.x) or Vista SP1 (or lastest service packs of NT v6.x)

.NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 IS REQUIRED.

W3bbo correct me:

Resourcer works on any platform where .NET2.0 is installed, including Windows 98

Edited by Happy-Dude

Any plans to add support for actual resource editing (like Resource Hacker - dialogs, menus, string tables etc.) not just image/icon replacing. It would be nice to have an actively developed resource editor with x64 and .NET support.

Any plans to add support for actual resource editing (like Resource Hacker - dialogs, menus, string tables etc.) not just image/icon replacing. It would be nice to have an actively developed resource editor with x64 and .NET support.

Yeah, that's all on the roadmap.

XPize and Vize, the main consumers of the Anolis.Core library, don't change any menus or string tables (but they do do dialogs), so I'll have to triage menus and string tables for now, but they will be supported.

I'm also looking at making the UI better on Vista (which doesn't lend itself well to WinRAR-like 48x48 toolbar UI).