Vista Home Premium disk with SP1 already on it

skyglow1

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this and I've read the various guides on slipstreaming SP1 into Vista and so forth. What I'm wondering is, could I use a Vista disk that already has SP1 on it as my "base" OS to work on with vlite? Wouldn't that save the need to do all this slipstreaming business manually?

Also, if I can use a disk that already has SP1 on it, would it work fine with vlite so that I'd be able to remove components that I don't need and so on? Is there an advantage of slipstreaming vs using a disk that already has SP1 on it?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by skyglow1

My copy of Vista came with SP1 already integrated, so I didn't have to bother slip streaming in vLite. What a huge relief.

I'm not entirely sure how Microsoft's licensing works, but if it's legal, it would be worthwhile finding an ISO with SP1 and using your purchased license key from MS to activate it. I could be treading in deep water by recommending that though, so you'll want to double-check that your not in breech of license agreement by going that route. I know that the product keys work for either as the IT guy at my office snatched the optical disks we purchased with Vista Home Premium RTM before quitting, and then we had some issues and had to reinstall our OS. It was a jam situation so I brought my personal copy from home (SP1) and used the original, authentic product keys we purchased with our software. It all worked with no issues.

According to my computer science teacher that is perfectly legal as it's the license you purchase, not the actual disk. But I could be DEAD wrong here. :-)

At any rate, I can tell you that working with an already integrated copy of Vista with SP1 is a nice short-cut.

Palmz

Edited by MPalmz