WINPE File Copy

I am using WINPE to boot and deploy both Vista and 2008 from a network share. During WINPE boot I run a VB Script that asks questions about configuration options

and then creates answer files in the RAM drives temp directory x:\windows\temp. Some of the options need to be configured after the new OS boots so I need to copy

the answer files from the temp RAM drive to the new OS partition after the install.wim image has been applied. In other words I need to copy files to the c: drive of

the new Vista or 2008 machine from the RAM disk before the first reboot.

Is there a way to insert a script to copy the files in the build process that will execute after the image operation has completed so the c: driver is now available, but

before the reboot as the ram drive will not longer be there with the answer files?

• 2 weeks later...

We do this a different way, before running windows setup with the answer file, create and format the C: partition in Windows PE, then tell Windows Setup in the answer file to leave the C: disk alone. Put your answer file on the C: drive and run Windows Setup with the unattend option pointing to the C:\unattend.xml file instead of the <ram drive>\unattend.xml file.

Basically, don't have windows setup partition and format the drive, use Diskpart with a script file to partition it, assign a drive letter and make it active so it is bootable, then format it usign the format command. Then put your answer file on the C: drive and run windows setup using the answer file on the C: drive.