Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

If you manage to install 2.0 and 3.0 frameworks, there should be uninstall regkeys for 2.0 and 3.0 frameworks and its langpacks at least, and under %SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft .NET Framework\ there should be folders for these versions too, as well as its logs under %TEMP% folder (if you don't installed it from windows setup T-13)

Can you post your INSTALL.CMD?

I'll post previous versions in the next minutes.

Edited by strel

Many previous versions have been uploaded, you'll find the links in the changelog section. But for your case, what's failing has not changed since it was released.

The log indicates KB963707FIX.mst transform file is having problems to get applied to the vs_setup.msi 3.5 SP1 framework install file. The transform file consist ONLY in changing one parameter of 1 line of the install file thus changing the place where the installer will search for the Firefox add-on to its real location (a bug that arises after applying KB963707 to 3.5 SP1 framework).

But aparently, this line is not on your install file. And I still don't know exactly why this happens to you, I couldn't reproduce it, and apparently the building process has ended right with no errors. Can you try again with a clean work folder from scratch?

Strange, I'll keep searching.

Edited by strel

.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.3082 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A0979C6) (80131506)

Thats the error, I have no clue why tho, will now recreate the installer.

(BTW, I cant create the installer @ Windows 7, has issues with language pack of .net 2. Back to xp partition then).

This is the only official info I could find about that problem, unfortunately the hotfix associated is only for .NET 2.0 SP0. By the way, this seems to be an extended problem raising with a variety of different applications and .NET 2.0, so it seems somewhat undefined. If you do a google search you'll find people trying to debug the specific application causing the problem. Are you installing any .NET application on the same go? Edited by strel

This is the only official info I could found about that problem, unfortunately the hotfix associated is only for .NET 2.0 SP0. By the way, this seems to be an extended problem raising with a variety of different applications and .NET 2.0, so it seems somewhat undefined. If you do a google search you'll find people trying to debug the specific application causing the problem. Are you installing any .NET application on the same go?

Not that I know off.

I call the executable @ cmdlines.

My CMDLines in order:

1=dotNET-AIO-NLD-Silent.exe
2=RedDX_0.8.1_32bit.exe
3=winrar-x86-390nl.exe /S
4=PerfectDisk10.exe
5=mbam-setup.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /norestart
6=Java6u16.exe
7=PowerISO45.exe /S
8=Adobe_Shockwave_11.5.1.601.exe
9=AcroRdr9.exe
10=VLC102.exe /S
11=klcodec510s.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /norestart
12=klcodecupdate512s.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /norestart

Hello strel,

the last version which installs .net 3.5 is 20090821c.

I used the same files and configuration as mentioned before.

With later versions I'm getting a 'file not found' message for every .net version:

('Datei nicht gefunden' means 'File not found')

Checking .NET stuff to build installer(s)/addon(s) for XP...

** Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 redistributable package...
** Processing .NET 2.0 SP2 portion...
Processing NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe...
Datei nicht gefunden
** Processing .NET 3.0 SP2 portion...
Processing msxml6-KB954459-deu-x86.exe...
Processing NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe...
Datei nicht gefunden
** Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 portion...
Processing NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe...
Datei nicht gefunden
Processing NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe...
Datei nicht gefunden
** Processing dotnetfx35langpack_x86de.exe...
** Processing .NET 2.0 SP2 language portion...
** Processing .NET 3.0 SP2 language portion...
** Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 language portion...

Creating merged .NET 2.0 SP2 de, .NET 3.0 SP2 de, .NET 3.5 SP1 de passive installer...

DONE!

Could this be the problem? Is there a way to find out which file couldn'd be found?

Regards

Stephan

I repeated the process in a new folder with the inputs and settings you pointed before and 20090922 packet files and no extra files, running the script by double clicking it, and again couldn't recreate it. Try this: open _SNMsynth.cmd (20090922) and in the first lines of the script substitute this line:

@ECHO OFF

with this one:

@ECHO ON

Then open a command line in the folder you're working on, and execute: _SNMsynth > process.log 2>&1

When it finish, post process.log attaching it, for us to see it.

Edited by strel

Apparently the extraction of the .msp files from hotfixes, could be failing. But this is not my case so I am confused. Are you using the latest 7za.exe version (link in the Instructions section)? Try with it.

Tell us your experiences.

Edited by strel