Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

Hi.

It seems to me, that .NET 3.0 SP2 Language Pack integration is corrupted.

Microsoft Update Website does not see it installed.

However i see it installed in "add or remove programs",

but the install size is only 3 Mbytes.

Now i tried a fresh install in VMware, with original .NETs,

and 3.0 SP2 Language pack's size is 10 MBytes in "add or remove programs"!

So i think the script is missing something.

(i used hungarian language pack)

Edited by fenyo

This script looks great, aldo i am not sure i understand it completely.

I dl'ed the 7zip stuff, and also all 3.5 net framework files (including language and hotfix).

Changed nothing in the (loud) script to and run it. Now i have three files in the OUT1 folder:

DNF20SP2nl.exe

DNF30SP2nl.exe

DNF35SP1nl.exe

Do you need all three of them for a fully working Net framework envirement ?

2 Belak51

I'll review all this in the next update, soon. About 2.0, I suppose you're meaning removing 2.0 SP1 packet, I can't, it's needed for win2K. 3.5 redistributable and 3.5 langpack (not SP1) are better candidates for removing.

Thx.

2 jweetje

64 bit stuff is removed from the installers.

Thx 2 U, happy 2009.

2 0d14r3

I supposed it.

Thx 2 U.

2 fenyo

I got the same results. But, what do you exactly mean when you say Microsoft Update don't recognize it, does it offer to you 3.5 SP1 langpack for downloading? This is not my case.

I don't know why this happens. All I can say is I don't see errors installing, and checking the building process, it ends up without errors, apparently. I'll keep searching.

Thx.

2 Jediron

Depends on the software you run. .NET is only for software that is made for using this frameworks ("managed code" in MS jargon). Not all software use .NET and not all software that use .NET, use the same #.# version. Maybe the software you use, needs only 2.0, but for ongoing updates of that software, the developer may update the code to a later .NET version. For example, paint .NET have changed its framework needs from 2.0 to 3.5 in recent versions. Up to you.

Thx.

Edited by strel

fenyo, I found differences in installers including 3.0 SP2 magyar language, with installers in other languages (specifically with spanish and danish with which I compared). When processing magyar language these 4 files doesn't exist in the installers:

DNF30\LNG\Win\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WCF\MUI\040E\ServiceModel.mfl

DNF30\LNG\Win\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WCF\MUI\040E\ServiceModel.mfl.uninstall

this files exist in other languages, in its correponding folders (...\040E\... , the name of this folder depends on language used); and

DNF30\LNG\Win\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WPF\NlsData000a.dll

DNF30\LNG\Win\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WPF\NlsLexicons000a.dll

exceding 9 MB each one.

Edited by strel

2 fenyo

I got the same results. But, what do you exactly mean when you say Microsoft Update don't recognize it, does it offer to you 3.5 SP1 langpack for downloading?

No! It offers me to download 3.0 SP2 Language Pack.

3.5, 2.0, 1.1 are all OK.

I've just noticed, that MU site offers it again with "original" 3.0 SP2 Language Pack installed. [link]

So i think it's a Microsoft Update bug. (it wouldn't be the first time)

You might build a workaround for this. :)

BTW i don't understand why the "original" Langpack 3-times bigger (as installed) than the script made one.

fenyo, I found differences in installers including 3.0 SP2 magyar language, with installers in other languages (specifically with spanish and danish with which I compared). When processing magyar language this 2 files, both beyond 9 MB, are not incorporated to the installers:

DNF30\LNG\Win\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WPF\NlsData000a.dll

DNF30\LNG\Win\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WPF\NlsLexicons000a.dll

Whoa!

So actually just the hungarian version is corrupted.

Fine....

Edit:

I haven't find any of these files in any of the directories. (i've extracted all DNFx.EXE the script made)

Which original-installer contains these files?

Edit2:

Ok, i've found similar files:

DNF30\Win\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WPF\NlsData0009.dll

DNF30\Win\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WPF\NlsLexicons0009.dll

The last character differs.

But these files are not in LNG.

Edited by fenyo

These files you point are not in question, they are present in spanish and danish versions too. The problem is with that I told you. You can find them in administrative installs of 3.5 SP1 langpack except for magyar.

Edited by strel

These files you point are not in question, they are present in spanish and danish versions too. The problem is with that I told you. You can find them in administrative installs of 3.5 SP1 langpack except for magyar. But you probably may find it if you install langpack normally in your HD.

Ouh. So these files are not corrupted, they're missing.

And you're tellin' me these files are not language-neutral?

Is there any chance that THIS contains these files?

Blaaah... I can't make an administrative install of these installer (to see if it contains the files)

...switches, switches........

Edited by fenyo

I think these files are contained in the langpack for 3.5 SP1, but for some reason not extracted in the administrative install (which is the one used by this script). The update for 3.0 SP1 langpack is not for this version.

I hadn't seen it. OK. I didn't know this update, but I think it is not included there, first, for size, and second, this update don't exist for spanish language but for danish. In danish I've checked these files are created in administrative install, and third, where are the MB lost among administrative install and normal install?. It's something with the hungarian 3.5 SP1 language pack.

Edited by strel

I hadn't seen it. OK. I didn't know this update, but I think it is not included there, first, for size, and second, this update don't exist for spanish language but for danish. In danish I've checked these files are created in administrative install, and third, where are the MB lost among administrative install and normal install?. It's something with the hungarian 3.5 SP1 language pack.

So you're tellin' me that 3.0 SP2 LangPack alone package is good, or not?

I thought this was an update, sorry. Well no idea why microsoft is releasing another language pack for 3.0 SP2, but it should be fine. Although the script don't support it at the moment. Let me do some test.

But I really have no idea of what this last langpack is made for, and why it only exists for some languages.

Edited by strel