Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

NDP20SP2-KB983583-x86.exe superseded NDP20SP2-KB976569-x86 which in turn superseded NDP20SP2-KB974417-x86, you have to look at what files are included in the update.

Yes that's correct.

But the blocking of KB974417 is still essential. Don't worry it's done by SNMsynth

YumeYao: I know you're already made excellent addons and guide to make our own addon/silent installers and strel seems busy with irl, so why not making your own silent dotnet maker (or updating strel's script) with support of new updates and eventually .net 4.0 ?

Edited by mooms

Making the script is another thing, for example, I have to make seperate .mst's for each language pack, rather than a generic tutorial(same steps).

Maybe I could give it a simple edit to support slipstreaming latest updates.

Also there are many limits with the cmd command. I have added a lot of features in my pack, as you can see:

1. updates are listed out in ARP.

This requires: the msp, the vbscript, then the mst.

msp can't be made by cmd easily(or accurately the pcp, patch creation property), neither can the mst.

2. updated files.

Should I include the updated files in the pack(if I could ever update SNMsynth with full functionality), or should I suggest downloading them? The original packages are probablly up to 1GB.

3. use external tree instead of admin external

The other features may be added by the means of cmd and mst, i guess.

In total, I find that a tutorial is much easier(for me to write) and help experienced and knowledged people understand the msi package and the .NET package narrowly.

Edited by YumeYao

I understand it is a lot of work

Maybe I could give it a simple edit to support slipstreaming latest updates.

this alone would be greatly appreciated.

Also, most of the files are already updated (XPS, MSXML, VC8/9, WIC) by other addons and update pack.

Updates listed in ARP is not a big concern.

use external tree instead of admin external

what is the benefice of this ?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info -X-

NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86 is not a regular update and can't be integrated with snmsynth.

I have tried to process the msp with the method described in the pdf in the previous page and i have an error message in snmsynth when it tries to process it.

If someone has succeded to integrate it please share your method !

Maybe some file are needed

100929034754622836.png

dw20shared.msi (DW 2.0 Client, maybe Dr Watson ?) seems to be also bundled with windows live products, i think it can be safely skipped as odds are high that we've already have it.

filehashfixup seems to be used to fix some hash obviously, but the data file is empty. Mysterious.

NDP35SP1-KB2416473-x86 is a regular update so if you don't install .net 1.1 you can update your 3.5sp1 custom installer with it. I have not checked the others updates.

Edited by mooms

NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86 is not a regular update and can't be integrated with snmsynth.

I have tried to process the msp with the method described in the pdf in the previous page and i have an error message in snmsynth when it tries to process it.

If someone has succeded to integrate it please share your method !

msiexec /p NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.msp /a netfx.msi /qb /l* install.log

btw KB2416447 replaces KB979906

Hello user_hidden

This command dosen't work for me.

I have also tried

msiexec /p NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.msp /a netfx.msi /qb

dosen't work either....

If someone would share his working NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.exe made with iexpress i will be glad !

Hello user_hidden

I have also tried

dosen't work either....

If someone would share his working NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.exe made with iexpress i will be glad !

Mooms,

Tries to create addon with the SNM and later unpack the archive that contains netfx.msi for an empty folder. It adds the NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.msp archive in folder DNF11 and run the command indicated for user_hidden. After this is alone to repack and to remake addon.

Obs: Delete the NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.msp archive before repack.

It gave certain!

Edited by SunLion

Ok, thanks SunLion, i have not figured out that you have to execute it this way !

I have made it, no error message, the integration is succesfull; but once recompressed (7zip ultra) the installer is 4 Mb larger than usually....(46mb vs 50 mb now)

Any chance to modify the hotfix so it can be processed by SNMsynth ?

Ok, thanks SunLion, i have not figured out that you have to execute it this way !

I have made it, no error message, the integration is succesfull; but once recompressed (7zip ultra) the installer is 4 Mb larger than usually....(46mb vs 50 mb now)

Any chance to modify the hotfix so it can be processed by SNMsynth ?

Yes, the installer is bigger. But, for the time being it is the best alternative.

I believe that it has conditions to make this with the SNMsynth, but do not know as.

We go to twist so that the Strel comes back soon or that our friends of the forum in help them with this.

Hello user_hidden

I have also tried

dosen't work either....

Mooms,

Tries to create addon with the SNM and later unpack the archive that contains netfx.msi for an empty folder. It adds the NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.msp archive in folder DNF11 and run the command indicated for user_hidden. After this is alone to repack and to remake addon.

It gave certain!

SunLion and Mooms,

I'm confused on how to apply this update and pretty dense too!

Would you please give me step by step instructions to clear it up for me?

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

M2GD

Hello user_hidden

I have also tried

dosen't work either....

Mooms,

It gave certain!

SunLion and Mooms,

I'm confused on how to apply this update and pretty dense too!

Would you please give me step by step instructions to clear it up for me?

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

M2GD

Using the tutorial one of the first page, when creating addon DNF11 with the SNMSynth you will get the archive “XPDNF11SP1br.exe”, in its language, inside of folder OUT1.

1 - It extracts the content of the XPDNF11SP1br.exe with winrar or 7z for an empty folder e will get the archives below:

- Folder “DNF11”

- DNF11.REG

- XPDNF11SP1br.CMD

2 - It opens folder “DNF11” and will see the archives below:

- Folder “Program Files”

- Folder “Win”

- langpack-br.msi

- netfx.msi

3 - It extracts archive .MSP of the NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.EXE of folder “DNF11 inside”. Folders must be only the archives/below:

- Folder “Program Files”

- Folder “Win”

- langpack-br.msi

- netfx.msi

- NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.MSP

4 - It creates an archive with the command below and saves as “Integrate.bat” inside of folder “DNF11”:

msiexec /p NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.msp /a netfx.msi /qb /l * install.log

5 - It runs the Integrate.bat archive and it waits the process to be concluded.

6 - Delete the NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.MSP archive of folder DNF11, leaving but the initial archives:

- Folder “Program Files”

- Folder “Win”

- langpack-br.msi

- netfx.msi

7 - Repack these archives with 7z and remakes addon with config again below:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

HelpText="%%M [-gm1 | -gm2] [-quiet | -passive]\n\n-gm1 | -gm2\t: Show | hide unzip progress bar. Should be the first if used.\n-quiet|-passive\t: Show | hide install progress bars.\n-? , -h\t\t: This help.\n\nSwitchless behavior for this file is quiet for both unzip and install.\nCreated with Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118."

SetEnvironment="FILENAME=%%M"

RunProgram="hidcon:XPDNF11SP1br.CMD"

Title="XPDNF11SP1br.exe"

ExtractTitle="XPDNF11SP1br.exe"

ExtractPathTitle="XPDNF11SP1br.exe"

ErrorTitle="XPDNF11SP1br.exe"

ExtractDialogText="Extracting..."

GUIFlags="32"

GUIMode="2"

;!@InstallEnd@!

OBS1: He is intent to the language added to the name of the archive! In mine in case that it is BR.

OBS2: This config you can get of the executable one created for the SNM, only unpacking it with 7z Spliter.

Well, it was as soon as I made here.

I wait to have helped.

Simplier explanation:

1) First, you need 7zip split http://www.mediafire.com/?f4wgdqrdnij and 7zip, google if you don't have it already.

2) make your installer (*.exe) with snmsynth as usual

3) With 7zip split select your installer and "extract" the three files (check all)

mini_101005064158420046.png

4) Extract in a subfolder the *.7z file obtained, then go to the DNF11 folder and copy NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.MSP in this folder.

5) In this folder, run this command: msiexec /p NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.msp /a netfx.msi /qb this will install the update.

If you don't know how to run this command, make a txt file in the current folder with this command, save it, then rename it to .bat and run it

6) Now delete NDP1.1sp1-KB2416447-X86.MSP and eventually the bat file

7) Select all files in the folder and make a 7zip archive with 7zip (choose ultra compression)

mini_100818093531553585.png

8) Move the *.7z archive just created in the folder where you have the *.sfx and *.txt file (you can overwrite/delete the older *.7z archive, it isn't needed anymore)

9) Final step: combine the three files with this command: (open a command prompt or make a bat file like before)

copy /b 7zsd.sfx + Config.txt + archive.7z installer.exe

Of course you have to rename the files according to yours.

That's it, you have an up to date .net installer ready to be used.

If you want to make an addon just replace old executable in the svcpack folder by the new one (it must have the same name) you just made.

Edited by mooms