Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

Knowledge Base (KB) Articles: KB976569

.NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP

Knowledge Base (KB) Articles: KB976570

.NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP

I've updated the guide for the new hotfixes you pointed. Thx folks.

Also for restricted NDP1.1sp1-KB891865-X86.exe. And I fixed a couple of links in the guide, including color patch.

About .NET 4.0 RC I think I'm going to wait until final version is released, apparently next month, to publish the new SNMsynth version.

Zaitzev

Feel free to make concrete questions about what you don't understand, but try understand the guide first.

alexFX

Use one of the three files. First is a RunOnceEx add-on, you can use it with nLite or RVMI (but for nLite there's some minor issues see Installing section in the guide). Second is a T-13 add-on (SVCPACK.inf method), you can use it with nLite or RVMI. Thrid is an executable installer, you can use it manually with unattended RunOnceEx/RunOnceEx from CD/RunOnce, T-13 (SVCPACK.inf), cmdlines or [setupParams] methods. Also you can use it over an installed windows.

Hi, first of all, many thanks, great tool, besides hfslip this one is the one that give's me up more time, updates and space on the final installation.

I know this isn't the perfect place to question about, or may be it is, but as i know that you must probably have the answer, goes the question:

Does someone know what the hell DotNet 3.5 Full redist download when you try to install it normally? because this happens with me every time when needed a normal install.

I have noticed that it download more than one thing, i "think" that the download is of 2 files, one of 50MB+/- and other like 11MB+/- , that makes me crazy.

I really don't wanna bother you, and also sorry for my bad english.

Installation problem known info:

DotNet 3.5 (aka dotnetfx35.exe of 231MB in size) during start process.

Total download size 61MB probably divided in 2 files from 50MB and 11MB as it actually starts in the download window in 50MB already downloaded(probably comes together in package), but leaving 11MB to download.

EDIT:

Trying the tool right now to make a newer version here.

NDP1.1sp1-KB893251-X86.exe ; NDP1.1sp1-KB933227-X86.exe:

This ones are in the download list what is correct here, to have both of them, or they are really superseded?

NOTE: NDP1.1sp1-KB953297-X86.exe supersedes NDP1.1sp1-KB893251-X86.exe

that won't be used.

NOTE: NDP1.1sp1-KB953297-X86.exe supersedes NDP1.1sp1-KB933227-X86.exe and

NDP1.1sp1-KB937501-X86.exe, that won't be used.

Edited by theruan

Glad to read that theruan. It is probably downloading KB951847 ad-hoc files (see guide) with the same .NET framework versions but only for your architecture + some regular hotfixes (that's probably the file you say it's around 50 MB) + langpack (probably the 11 MB one, is it a russian OS?). Yes, totally absurd.

Edited by strel

And about the hotfixes, I've listed all them for the case someone don't want to, or need to use the upper version fixing any other issue not needed to be fixed.

Edited by strel

Glad to read that theruan. It is probably downloading KB951847 ad-hoc files (see guide) with the same .NET framework versions but only for your architecture + some regular hotfixes (that's probably the file you say it's around 50 MB) + langpack (probably the 11 MB one, is it a russian OS?). Yes, totally absurd.

PTB XP here

Do you know any kind of program that monitor in real time what files are used or changed in the system, that would solve almost all my problems here.

Edited by theruan

strel

SNMsynth script not work on Windows 7 (x64) :(

In config file strings:

ExtractPathTitle="XPDNF35SP1.exe"

ErrorTitle="XPDNF35SP1.exe"

is not used. Edited by gora

Гора, I did a test with .NET 2.0 SP2 from single packet with the new SNMsynth version I'm testing right now (no changes involving what's being processed) to build XP installer in W7x64; and the building process worked OK, except one message about moving processconfig.txt to output folder (not showing on XP), that will be fixed.

About those settings in config.txt you point, ExtractPathTitle is used if the custom installer is a passive installer, or silent one if you use -gm1 switch. And ErrorTitle would be used in case an error unzipping would occur.

Oh, thx for reporting 7zsfx modified updated link in OSzone forum.

Edited by strel

I did a test with .NET 2.0 SP2 from single packet with the new SNMsynth version I'm testing right now (no changes involving what's being processed) in W7x64; and the building process worked OK, except one message about moving processconfig.txt to output was showing (this doesn't happen on XP), that will be fixed.

The error occurs at unpacking of a language package dotnetfx35langpack_x86ru.exe. Probably at work of VBS script

About those settings in config.txt you point, ExtractPathTitle is used if the custom installer is a passive installer, or silent one if you use -gm1 switch. And ErrorTitle would be used in case an error unzipping would occur.

No. If you use -gm1 switch ExtractPathTitle it is not used, believe or check up once again.

In parametre ErrorTitle there is no necessity. Read its description attentively.

Add parametre FinishMessage for indication of process of end of installation.

Remove UPX module compression. The economy is insignificant (50 KB), and problems with antiviruses can be. IMHO

The error occurs at unpacking of a language package dotnetfx35langpack_x86ru.exe. Probably at work of VBS script

Do you mean the following error? If yes it's due to W7 not ultimate nor enteprise editions restriction.

post-178729-126737752932_thumb.jpg

No. If you use -gm1 switch ExtractPathTitle it is not used, believe or check up once again.

In parametre ErrorTitle there is no necessity. Read its description attentively.

I tested it and works as I expected. I think you're meaning that this settigns are not needed as sfx module takes the file name to fill dialog title by default, and in that case I would agree with you; but I used those settings for the case someone change the filename, for the dialog to keep the original filename intentionally.

Add parametre FinishMessage for indication of process of end of installation.

Remove UPX module compression. The economy is insignificant (50 KB), and problems with antiviruses can be. IMHO a

I really think it is not needed a finish message, when .NET install dialogs dissapear that's it, and one can always use the -fm# switch, but maybe for passive installers I could add a finish message for a few seconds... What do you think about it folks?

About UPX compression, I'm seeing in virustotal.com symantec and comodo AV keep marking it as suspicious nowadays, so I'm going to bring back the option to compress it or not in _SNMsynth.ini for the next version.

Edited by strel

I really think it is not needed a finish message, when .NET install dialogs dissapear that's it, and one can always use the -fm# switch, but maybe for passive installers I could add a finish message for a few seconds... What do you think about it folks?
Maybe optionally (by _SNMsynth.ini), f.e. I need passive installer w/o delays & msgboxes, because I use it at T-12 via cmdline.txt...