Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

hi strel! just a couple of inquiries:

i got this in my latest run:

[font="Courier New"]NOTE: WIC will be removed from 3.0 SP2 framework.
Use another source to install it before 3.0 SP2 framework. See guide.

[color="#0000FF"]Environment variable ECHO[/color] NOTE: msxml6.msi will be used instead of any not defin
ed
even if it has not the lastest files.

NOTE: XPS print driver will be removed from 3.0 SP2 framework.
Use another source to install it. See guide.[/font]

should Environment variable ECHO appear as opposed to prior & succeeding lines which do not have it?

if i have Update for MSXML Core Services 6.0 Service Pack 2 (KB973686) - msxml6-KB973686-enu-x86.exe, i don't need Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0 - msxml6.msi, correct?

compared the files when extracted but here are the details i got:

msxml6.msi

msxml6.dll.86F857F6_A743_463D_B2FE_98CB5F727E09

MSXML6.dll

msxml6r.dll.86F857F6_A743_463D_B2FE_98CB5F727E09

MSXML6R.dll

VS

msxml6-KB973686-enu-x86.exe

msxml6.dll.86F857F6_A743_463D_B2FE_98CB5F727E09

MSXML6.dll

msxml6r.dll.86F857F6_A743_463D_B2FE_98CB5F727E09

MSXML6R.dll

on 1 hand, Update for Windows XP (KB973687) - WindowsXP-KB973687-x86-ENU.exe has

MSXML6.dll

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

msxml6-KB973686-enu-x86.exe

MSXML6.dll 6.20.2003.0

on 1 hand, Update for Windows XP (KB973687) - WindowsXP-KB973687-x86-ENU.exe has

MSXML6.dll 6.20.1103.0

Unlike MSXML4, same MSXML6 version has different files depending on Windows version they are aimed at. Recent msxml6.dll updates for Win2k-2k3-XPsp2 have different MD5 hashes from the one for XPsp3 and this is also for the latest MSXML6 hotfixes KB973686-973687, both published the same day (so there isn't a older/newer one).
Version: 6.20.2003.0

Knowledge Base (KB) Articles: KB973686

Date Published: 11/23/2009

Version: 973687

Knowledge Base (KB) Articles: KB973687

Date Published: 11/23/2009

Edited by Pasha_ZZZ

hi Pasha_ZZZ! thanks for the additional info though this portion of my post was just a side note. my main concern was validating/confirming i could remove msxml6.msi (which has MSXML6.dll ver 6.20.1102.0) in favor of msxml6-KB973686-enu-x86.exe (which has MSXML6.dll ver 6.20.2003.0)

btw, would you care to point me to where you quoted nonno fabio from. appreciate it.

btw, would you care to point me to where you quoted nonno fabio from. appreciate it.
This is from Ryan's forum, but links to other forums here not allowed...
tried looking for it in his addon pack & might have missed it ... perhaps just the topic itself would do & i'll do the seach ... thanks!

edit: appreciate it Pasha_ZZZ!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Hi strel,

I found the problem and the solution for the installers not recognizing the W2K OS (and probably XP too!) when run from a HFSLIPped CD. The :INSTBASE section of the _SNMsynth.cmd contains 2 times the word REGEDIT. Change both instances to "%%SYSTEMROOT%%\REGEDIT.EXE" (including the double-quotes!). After that everything works just fine. Both MBSA v2.1 and .NET Setup Verifier Tool give a clean bill of health.

Strel, can you add this to the next official release of _SNMsynth.cmd ?

Thx.

Just tried your "fix" Bugs and it worked like a charm in Win2k. Both Nets installed and Verified. Thank you for finding this "bug".

Still having a problem with XP with HFSLIPped CD as only Net 1.1 is installing and verifying. No 2.0, 3.0, or 3.5. This is puzzling. Using all defaults in _SNMsynth.ini except last section which is below:

TARGETOS=XP

T13ADDONS=

ROEADDONS=

ALSOINSTALLERS=

MERGEFXS=YES

SILENT=YES

COMPRATIO=

It was working with the previous version. Am I missing something, peoples?

Still having a problem with XP with HFSLIPped CD as only Net 1.1 is installing and verifying. No 2.0, 3.0, or 3.5. This is puzzling. Using all defaults in _SNMsynth.ini except last section which is below:

TARGETOS=XP

T13ADDONS=

ROEADDONS=

ALSOINSTALLERS=

MERGEFXS=YES

SILENT=YES

COMPRATIO=

It was working with the previous version. Am I missing something, peoples?

hi strel! in this case brought up by My2GirlsDad, would there be a way for us to test the end-product so as to validate if all components have been processed accordingly other than testing it either on vm or live install (we can work with the silent installer but either all .nets must be uninstalled (or thru using .NET FX Cleanup Tool) or have not yet been installed prior to running .NET Framework setup verification tool)? have yet to make my iso so i can't confirm any findings yet. thank you!

New version released.

I fixed again major bug processing 3.5 SP# hotfixes, as pointed by shiouliang, thx again man!

I reinserted it when I modified KB963707 applying process to avoid arisen errors in 20100101. Sorry again folks.

I applied BugsBunny's fix for the bug with T-13 (and GUI setup in general) OS detection error boxes. Thx man!

I fixed minor bugs with ...msxml6.msi... and ..._SNMsynth.ini... error messages.

My2GirlsDad

Haven't tested with HFSLIP, but with nLite, T-13 add-ons for XP is not showing any wrong OS detection error message box for me.

Kiki Burgh

Yes, msxml6-KB973686 has the latest files.

Don't know any automated method to verify correct output, even .NET Framework setup verification tool proved to be unable to report the bug with 3.5 SP# not applying the latests files from the hotfixes, fixed in this release.

Pasha_ZZZ

I modified the error messages you pointed to finish with a dot character for your _SNMsynth.cmd color patch can be applied directly.

Can you please modify post #706 to reflect this change is not needed anymore and to add a working link for the ANSI... files like this one, so I can add a link to that post in the guide?

mooms

If you look at what WaitNET do, you'll see all it does is to wait until only one instance of mscorsvw.exe is running. I don't know why is this going to avoid transient errors. Also _SNMsynth custom installers/add-ons does wait for the optimization process to end with or without the transient errors, furthermore in case the transient errors appear, only a portion of the optimization process is executed on next boot, not the whole process.

Edited by strel

New version released.

I fixed minor bugs with ...msxml6.msi... and ..._SNMsynth.ini... error messages.

Kiki Burgh

Yes, msxml6-KB973686 has the latest files.

Don't know any automated method to verify correct output, even NET Framework setup verification tool proved to be unable to report the bug with 3.5 SP# hotfixes not applying the latests files from the hotfixes, fixed in this release.

thank you!

in 20100116, I had the following error message in cmd window:

Cleaning work folder...

Checking .NET stuff to build installer(s)/addon(s) for XP...

File Not Found

NOTE: 3.0 SP2 XPS driver will be updated with WindowsXP-KB971276-v3-x86-ENU.exe

patched with the latest files from WindowsServer2003-KB971276-v2-x86-ENU.exe

** Processing .NET 1.1 package...

Processing NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe...

Processing NDP1.1sp1-KB953297-X86.exe...

** Processing langpack.exe...

** Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 redistributable package...

** Processing .NET 2.0 SP2 portion...

Processing NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe...

Processing NDP20SP2-KB974417-x86.exe...

** Processing .NET 3.0 SP2 portion...

Processing

Invalid switch - "/Q".

Please help!

On searching through Process explorer, the msiexec.exe is looking for "TMP\TMP5\M6" folder.

But only M5 exists!

PROCESSDATA.TXT

Edited by ykchanaed

New version released.

Bug inserted since 20091224, not checking presence of msxml6-KB*-x86.exe files if no msxml6.msi is present, thus acting as if there were any, was fixed, solving ykchanaed errors.

Edited by strel

hi strel! just a few quick inquiries ... would this XPSEP XP and Server 2003 32 bit.exe have newer file than DNF30XPS? (there's 1 too for 64 bit.) so if i have this update in my UA, would it be better instead to leave this as DNF30XPS= in _SNMsynth.ini? would it be possible to have XPSEP XP and Server 2003 32 bit.exe processed in SNMSynth? thank you!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Hey Strel,

Thanks for the updates!

But:

I noticed something when the script was bissy, I normally never watch what is happening, but now I did:

dotnet1.png

It says processing the KB974417 and then says "System cant find the specified file"?

dotnet2.png

Al those "Bestand niet gevonden" are "File not found"?

dotnet3.png

My dotNET folder.

Processdata:

--- WORK FOLDER CONTENT:

--- _SNMSYNTH.ini SETTINGS USED:
PROCESSDNF11=YES
PROCESSDNF20=NO
PROCESSDNF3520=YES
PROCESSDNF3530=YES
PROCESSDNF3535=YES
DNF20VC8RUNTIME=YES
DNF20OFFICE2K3DEBUGGER=YES
DNF30RGBRASTERIZER=YES
DNF30WIC=YES
DNF30MSXML6=YES
DNF30XPS=YES
DNF35VC9RUNTIME=YES
DNF35FFXBAPPLUGIN=YES
DNF35FFCLICKONCEEXT=YES
PROCESSLNGDNF11=YES
PROCESSLNGDNF20=NO
PROCESSLNGDNF3520=YES
PROCESSLNGDNF3530=YES
PROCESSLNGDNF3535=YES
TARGETOS=XP
T13ADDONS=
ROEADDONS=
ALSOINSTALLERS=
MERGEFXS=YES
SILENT=YES
COMPRATIO=

--- .\TMP FOLDER CONTENT:

Installer works fine tho. :P

Edited by Raoul90

I modified the error messages you pointed to finish with a dot character for your _SNMsynth.cmd color patch can be applied directly.

Can you please modify post #706 to reflect this change is not needed anymore and to add a working link for the ANSI... files like this one, so I can add a link to that post in the guide?

Post modified, direct link to ANSICON added.

New version released.

It solves a couple of minor bugs causing file not found errors, as described by Raoul90. Those errors only appeared in some cases if you used restricted hotfixes for 2.0 SP2 or if you used them only on some of the frameworks being processed. Those errors didn't harmed at all as the script was trying to execute files not present because of the bugs mentioned.

hi strel! just a few quick inquiries ... would this XPSEP XP and Server 2003 32 bit.exe have newer file than DNF30XPS? (there's 1 too for 64 bit.) so if i have this update in my UA, would it be better instead to leave this as DNF30XPS= in _SNMsynth.ini? would it be possible to have XPSEP XP and Server 2003 32 bit.exe processed in SNMSynth? thank you!
After some research, that packet installs WIC and MSXML6 in addition to XPS, and you cannot decide to avoid any of them. But though the packet is newer the files contained (or downloaded during install for the case of MSXML) doesn't. You can have more recent files from links in the guide, or from packets like YumeYao's WIC or so.

Pasha_ZZZ, I included a link to your patch.