Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

COMPRESSION_RATIO=none

Remove none, and it will be smaller again. :)

hehe! didn't notice that right at the bottom COMPRESSION_RATIO=none has been set as default this time in the new ver. thanks Raoul! :P Edited by Kiki Burgh

[*]UPX_SFX setting adds UPX compression to .sfx module gaining 50 KB. The downside is that it generates false positives on eSafe and Comodo anti-virus.
There is LZMA-module, packed by UPX - http://rapidshare.com/files/315601180/7ZSD.sfx

Comodo only reports FP on it, but they (after me report FP) remove FP too - http://www.virustotal.com/ru/analisis/7674...df67-1259826968

File 7ZSD.sfx received on 2009.12.03 07:56:08 (UTC)
Current status: finished
Result: 0/41 (0.00%)

msfn2008

I'm glad you succeded.

Pica

Are you using it on win setup? and if affirmative, at what setup time mark?

I suspect you removed or disabled Workstation service in your XP. If this has happened to you by chance, restart this service and probably it will work again. If you consciently removed or disabled this service, and your system is stable, let me know and I'll change the script and installers/add-ons method to detect current OS version.

Edited by strel

I have the same problem with Pica.

I used the merged installer (XPDNF11SP1tw20SP2tw30SP2tw35SP1tw.exe) in my virtual machine after the OS(the OS is CHT) was setup, and the same message showed up.

I used the same installer in my physical machine which is an English OS , it has no problem.

Maker version 20091130

Workstation service is running.

This happened to other single installers eg. 3.0SP2

I tried the installer without the language pack and install it on a non-English OS . The same message showed up!

I suspect it has something to do with OS language!

Edited by ykchanaed

Thx Pasha_ZZZ, If I can change the icon too I'll include it for the next release.
Changed icon on already packed SFX - 3 triggers on virustotal. Change on unpacked & then pack - only Comodo Heur.Packed.Unknown. Reported False Positive, waiting for results.

Strel , thanks for the constant update and improvement.

The last time I used your _SNMsynth.cmd pack was about 10 months ago.

This time I use again and see many great improvement with your cool cmd script.

As I build .NET 3 & 3.5 via RunOnceEx (Final output size is approx. 36MB), I notice you use inf to install DN335.exe via C:\Windows folder.

Which means it is copied first via text-mode setup phase and execute the installation only when setup enters the OOBE phase or after.

My idea using RunOnceEx method is to run from <Optical drive letter>:\I386\SVCPACK so that it does not need to copied

to hardisk first. (Essentially <Optical drive letter>:\I386\SVCPACK\DNF335.exe during installation)

Just an idea... :)

Reported False Positive, waiting for results.
This is to inform you that false-positive with

7ZSD.sfx (SHA1: e4b4f2061f35dc7d26d08c518f64fb27cf12afee)has

been fixed. You can update to AV database Version 3155 of Comodo

Internet Security Version 3.13.121240.574 and confirm it.

SFX module with changed icon - http://rapidshare.com/files/317463792/7ZSD.sfx

Still reported on virustotal as virus, but bases are 3103 (01.12.2009), FP removed in 3155.

New version released.

Workstation service based method to find current OS version replaced with regkey based one, so I expect no more wrong OS version errors for those localized win versions with this problem (what could have been fixed), and specially if you removed or disabled Workstation service (better to leave this open).

Pasha_ZZZ

I included permanent UPX compressed module. Many thx!!!

Geej

Your idea means not having to expand and to copy to HD the installers. But it has 2 downsides from my point of view:

- Using I386\SVCPACK folder for a file not installed by svcpack.inf, what would not cause any problem but it is not orthodox.

- It make you need to insert the RunOnceEx regkeys from GUI setup with the right CD drive path, so you have to follow RunOnceEx from CD method, what implies the use of $OEM$ folders and hence OemPreinstall=Yes setting in winnt.sif answer file, which I don't want to use because it remove the SCSI/RAID driver prompt from text setup. Unattended guide states it is possible to run a batch file directly from svcpack.inf. Got to check this.

Edited by strel

Your idea means not having to expand and to copy to HD the installers. But it has 2 downsides from my point of view:

- Using I386\SVCPACK folder for a file not installed by svcpack.inf, what would not cause any problem but it is not orthodox.

- It make you need to insert the RunOnceEx regkeys from GUI setup with the right CD drive path, so you have to follow RunOnceEx from CD method, what implies the use of $OEM$ folders and hence OemPreinstall=Yes setting in winnt.sif answer file, which I don't want to use because it remove the SCSI/RAID driver prompt from text setup. Unattended guide states it is possible to run a batch file directly from svcpack.inf. Got to check this.

There are 2 known methods which I know how to get CD drive path w/o using the 'RunOnceEx from CD' method.

Hence does not need $OEM$ and does not need OEMPreinstall=Yes setting in winnt.sif

1) First method is thru batch file. See my addon sample (unpack to view .cmd file)

µTorrent 2.0 Beta

2) Use 7sfx method that uses %%S - full path to the SFX archive file parameter. Something along like this in the config.txt

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\DotNet335 /ve /d \".NET 3.0 SP2, .NET 3.5 SP1\" /f"

AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\DotNet335 /v 1 /d \"%%S\\DNF335.exe\" /f"

GUIMode="2"

;!@InstallEnd@!

Would have to be in 7z/cab/rar format (nlite-compatable with entries.ini +svcpack folder format)

So the final 7zsfx silent installer via entries.ini would be ---> DOTNET335.exe -ai

There are 2 known methods which I know how to get CD drive path w/o using the 'RunOnceEx from CD' method.

Hence does not need $OEM$ and does not need OEMPreinstall=Yes setting in winnt.sif

1) First method is thru batch file. See my addon sample (unpack to view .cmd file)

µTorrent 2.0 Beta

2) Use 7sfx method that uses %%S - full path to the SFX archive file parameter. Something along like this in the config.txt

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\DotNet335 /ve /d \".NET 3.0 SP2, .NET 3.5 SP1\" /f"

AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\DotNet335 /v 1 /d \"%%S\\DNF335.exe\" /f"

GUIMode="2"

;!@InstallEnd@!

Would have to be in 7z/cab/rar format (nlite-compatable with entries.ini +svcpack folder format)

So the final 7zsfx silent installer via entries.ini would be ---> DOTNET335.exe -ai

just an a small add you can change DNF335.exe with %%M if it's the latest sfx version

so it can run with any name if modified

Yeah I was aware of that feature, but is that I'm not going to make a void sfx just to run a script to insert RunOnceEx regkeys, the best option I think is to run batch directly from svcpack.inf.

Thx for your interest.

@ strel: I just downloaded the last version 20091207 and felt I should report this, as it has never happened before:

extraction of the following files

7zSD.sfx,

_SNMsynth.ini,

_SNMsynth.cmd and

_35SP1_KB963707FIX_NOFFADDONPROPERTY.7z

failed with a diagnostic error: Unknown method in (each one of the above given file names)... This happened with WinRAR 3.90 (I have a trial). I tried WinRAR on a few other archives and there were no problems. However, the archive extracted just fine with 7-Zip. I even tested the extracted files for a T-13 add-on of .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 with updates; the creation was successful, so I'm not really sure what happened. Recommendation to all: use 7-Zip, just in case.