Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

I did install my system with packages made by the latest version of batch, but now this new update, KB963707, cannot get installed on my system the normal way through Windows Update.

Are the installations of .NET packages, made by this batch not pure? Or does anybody experience the same thing, when installing everything the normal way?

2 Trolleri

The installations are made through administrative install method which is an officially documented method of preinstalling. The only unofficial thing this script does is pushing some registry tweaks through NETWUFIXES.MST to avoid some of the win/ms update .NET annoyances to make it think it has finished its work (what it actually did, until now, it seems). Nice weather here too.

EDIT:

I could get KB963707 installed though ms update without problems, i.e. using a 3.5 SP1 SNMsynth installer without KB963707 applied. Are you using maybe 3.5 SP0?

As the ms download page clearly states this hotfix should only be installed after 3.5 SP1 has been installed. Actually the SNMsynth script applies KB963707 to the installer if you put it in the work folder, but the resultant installer abort when executed, don't do it.

Aftermath: KB963707 should only be applied after 3.5 SP1 installer has finished. In my experience WU install KB963707 without problems over 3.5 SP1 SNMsynth installer. If you're using 3.5 SP1 take care of install order.

Report any news about this please..

2 Igrugeman

You should not try to apply KB960737 to the building process. Though it accept it, it breaks 3.5 SP1 installer. See guide.

Those lines you posted are not useful.

Edited by strel

I could get KB963707 installed though ms update without problems, i.e. using a 3.5 SP1 SNMsynth installer without KB963707 applied. Are you using maybe 3.5 SP0?

No I haven't used SP0 since SP1 got released, and this is first time, I have run into problems. My testing system is however my primary Pc, and is has a lot of programs and hotfixes installed through WU/MU and the web.

Later I will try to install KB963707 after a clean install of the Danish Silent Net Maker Synthesized packages on a clean Danish XP SP3 system, but since my primary Pc is also my only Pc at the moment, I need to wait until I get the time (and Pc) to do the testing.

Sounds promising, that your script is working with the Spanish packages :D

Maybe it's because of firefox is not installed (but would be really strange), download page states the .NET assistant addon should be active in firefox for the hotfix install to be effective, and if not, reinstall should be done for the addon uninstall button to appear. I think langpacks has nothing to do with all this.

Edited by strel

Maybe it's because of firefox is not installed (but would be really strange), download page states the .NET assistant addon should be active in firefox for the hotfix install to be effective, and if not, reinstall should be done for the addon uninstall button to appear. I think langpacks has nothing to do with all this.

Yes I saw your editing of #1, but it is very strange I still get the update on MU.

I read the instructions on how to manually remove the .NET Framework Assistant for Firefox. Then I opened regedit, and browsed to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions

The funny thing is, that I have that key to begin with...

I do not have the subkey {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b}, but this REG_EXPAND_SZ -value:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions]
"jqs@sun.com"=hex(2):43,00,3a,00,5c,00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,67,00,72,00,61,00,6d,\
00,6d,00,65,00,72,00,5c,00,4a,00,61,00,76,00,61,00,5c,00,6a,00,72,00,65,00,\
36,00,5c,00,6c,00,69,00,62,00,5c,00,64,00,65,00,70,00,6c,00,6f,00,79,00,5c,\
00,6a,00,71,00,73,00,5c,00,66,00,66,00,00,00

The hex translates to "C:\Programmer\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ff"

The key and the value have probably been created by a Java Installer. Then MU might detect the Firefox\Extensions -key in my registry, and wants to install the hotfix KB963707 on my Pc - who knows

Now I will try to remove the key, along with the .NET Framework extension files stated on the MS support-page. Rebooting....

Edit:

After rebooting this Pc, Microsoft Update still wants to install the update KB963707, but failing to do so. It is strange, but I am now beginning to feel like it doesn't matter for me.

Edited by Trolleri

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Strel;

I have found a possible bug in SNMsynth:

If i try to uninstall the French language pack for .net3.0sp2 (installed with an addon, at T-13) i have an error message about some script, the uninstall continue anyway

the error in event viewer (sorry it's in French):

La description pour l'ID d'événement ( 11720 ) dans la source (MsiInstaller) est introuvable. L'ordinateur local n'a peut-être pas les informations de Registre ou les librairies requises pour afficher les messages émanant d'un ordinateur distant. Vous pourrez peut-être utiliser l'option /AUXSOURCE= pour récupérer cette description. Reportez-vous aux rubriques Aide et support pour plus de détails. Les informations suivantes font partie de l'événement : Produit : Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Language Pack - FRA -- Erreur 1720. Problème détecté dans ce package d’installation Windows. Un script requis pour cette installation n’a pas pu être lancé. Contactez votre support technique ou l’éditeur du package. Action personnalisée CA_KB928416FIX2, erreur de script -2147024894, WshShell.RegDelete : Impossible de supprimer la clé de Registre "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\Windows Presentation Foundation\fr\". ligne 51, colonne 1, ; (NULL); (NULL); (NULL); (NULL); ; .

If i install the pack in live system it's the same.

Here is the content of my folder, as you can see only standard files:

090719094214658349.png

I have tried with all frameworks merged and also minus .net1.1; got the same thing.

Edit: a friend who have tried the same have made the window visible when installing in live system and he saying that many errors are visible, here is some:

Compiling assembly C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Micros

\v3.0\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll ...

Warning: Failed to load method token 69000401 from profile data.

Warning: Failed to load method token 69000402 from profile data.

Warning: Failed to load method token 69000403 from profile data.

Warning: Failed to load method token 69000404 from profile data.

Edited by mooms

mooms, I have some suggestions:

- just to be sure, do you run as administrator?

- if "TCP/IP NetBIOS helper" service was not running, give a try with this service set to "auto" and running (this one not running caused me some bugs with old installations)

- MSI error 1720 makes me guess your Windows Installer installation might be somewhat broken, try repair it:

1. run "msiexec /regserver" then "msiexec /unregister"

2. if it doesn't work, run Windows Installer 4.5 redistributable package again (KB942288)

see you

Hi OuTmAn,

I am logged as admin, yes

TCP/IP netbios helper is set on auto and running

The install is brand new with all hotfixes up to date,so logically windows installer isn't broken but i will try your advice anyway.

mooms, are you sure you were not playing with the addons? I'm lost, CA_KB928416FIX2 is only supposed to execute on uninstall because of an execution condition. And I didn't get those results in the past (I'm not using a non-english windows to test conditions like this now). By the way you can test with this:Uncompress the addon to a folder, then the installer under SVCPACK folder, and in the remaining forder substitute NETWUFIXES.MST with above one. This new file doesn't change anything but slightly modify the execution conditions about detecting install/uninstall process in a equivalent way, for them to be more restrictive. Last, install through INSTALL.CMD and tell me whether event viewer keeps showing that error.

About the error messages arisen when showing the install window, they are simply the result of the execution of pending assemblies compiling tasks without waiting to idle state. That's how the installer is made, ask MS, there's some entries in the installer pointing to void, maybe there's some reason for it, I don't know. But they don't make any harm and don't generate errors in the event viewer nor the install/unsintall logs.

Edited by strel

hi, me confirmed Error reported by Mooms :

Compiling assembly C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Micros

\v3.0\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll ...

C:\DOCUME~1\VIRTUA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zS3.tmp>FOR /F "DELIMS=[]" %I IN (DNFWIN5.TX

T) DO REG DELETE "%I" /f

Le système ne peut trouver le fichier DNFWIN5.TXT

sorry me use translator , no speak English

EDit : me sepparate installer error repported in Framework 3.0 SP2

C:\NET TEST 2>XCOPY/DY DNF30\SYS32\rgb9rast_2.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32

0 fichier(s) copié(s)

C:\NET TEST 2>FOR /F "DELIMS=[]" %I IN (DNFWIN5.TXT) DO REG DELETE "%I" /f

Le système ne peut trouver le fichier DNFWIN5.TXT.

fichier spécifié est introuvable. while compiling method WasHttpHandlersInstall

Component.Install

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Administration, Version=7.0.0.0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Le

Component.CopyHandlerAttributes

Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Le

Component.AddSvcHandlers

Component.Uninstall

Component.VerifyInstall

fichier spécifié est introuvable. while compiling method WasHttpModulesInstallC

omponent.get_InstalledVersions

omponent.get_IsInstalled

omponent.GetHttpModuleFromCollection

omponent.Install

omponent.Uninstall

omponent.VerifyInstall

ServiceModelReg, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a

Framework 3.5 SP1 :

Failed to load dependency Microsoft.Web.Administration of assembly ServiceModelR

eg, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a because of

the following error : Le fichier spécifié est introuvable. (Exception from HRES

ULT: 0x80070002)

Warning: Failed to load method token 69000029 from profile data.

Warning: Failed to load method token 6900002a from profile data.

Warning: Failed to load method token 6900002e from profile data.

Edited by bruno32600

As I said above that's the process of compiling assemblies, the only difference is that you are now seeing what the process does, it's the result of ngen.exe /executequeueditems command execution for processing the queue inmediately, not waiting to idle state. There's nothing there a vanilla install process wouldn't do, except to avoid waiting.

The installer assemblies tables points to some void entries causing that errors, you're not supposed to see them, so I don't know if there's a reason for them, but sure it doesn't make any harm.

Edited by strel

and : If i try to uninstall the French language pack for .net3.0sp2 (installed with an addon, at T-13) i have an error message about some script, the uninstall continue anyway

La description pour l'ID d'événement ( 11720 ) dans la source (MsiInstaller) est introuvable. L'ordinateur local n'a peut-être pas les informations de Registre ou les librairies requises pour afficher les messages émanant d'un ordinateur distant. Vous pourrez peut-être utiliser l'option /AUXSOURCE= pour récupérer cette description. Reportez-vous aux rubriques Aide et support pour plus de détails. Les informations suivantes font partie de l'événement : Produit : Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Language Pack - FRA -- Erreur 1720. Problème détecté dans ce package d’installation Windows. Un script requis pour cette installation n’a pas pu être lancé. Contactez votre support technique ou l’éditeur du package. Action personnalisée CA_KB928416FIX2, erreur de script -2147024894, WshShell.RegDelete : Impossible de supprimer la clé de Registre "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\Windows Presentation Foundation\fr\". ligne 51, colonne 1, ; (NULL); (NULL); (NULL); (NULL); ; .