Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

I can't reproduce your results. Then:

- Are you using 20090315?

- Have you installed any 2.0 SP# version previously before running the script?

- What's the exact set of 1.1 hotfixes did yo use?

- Anything else you consider relevant.

I have some errors messages when i launch the script, and snmsynth di not create any files :}

'

FINDSTR' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne

ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.

'CSCRIPT' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne

ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.

Processing .NET installer...

Processing .NET portion...

Creating .NET passive installer...

DNF3\DNF30\WIC - Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est

utilisé par un autre processus.

Done!

Press any key to quit.

In english it means

'findstr' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

'cscript is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Processing .NET installer...

DNF3\DNF30\WIC - The process can't access the file because the file it's used by another process *

Done!

Press any key to quit.

*this one change each time i launch the script

precedent version did not throw any errors.

Your problems are caused by your windows installation.

findstr is a native win command for win OSs since W2K. Why your system doesn't has it is a mistery for me, maybe you trimmed down your system in excess, or some problem occurs since you installed. If your system still runs find command I think you can safely subtitute all ocurrences of findstr command with find command in the script without changing anything else, check it first obviously.

About cscript, it could be the same issue as above. Seems you don't have installed windows scripting host.

To avoid the 3rd error with WIC open the task manager and kill pending tasks from unsuccesfull previous building process.

Edited by strel

I don't have AIO installer, I have a script that builds it if you want, and is different in a way that:

- You can split each framework in a single installer/add-on or merge the combination of them you want, allowing you to apply different install strategies, that could allow you to avoid Event Viewer errors, if you want.

- You can include the different langpacks for each framework you process, and absolutely all the hotfixes for each framework in a flexible way, ryanvm's doesnt integrate restricted ones and is not flexible.

- It hides all hotfixes and subcomponents useless entries in Add Remove Programs, ryanvm's only hides subcomponents.

- It accepts old framework versions in case you need it.

- In case you need it you can choose the 3.0 SP# subcomponents you want to process.

- You can build installers for W2K.

- Ryanvm's don't precompile assemblies, so it finish pending tasks after install finish, in spare times.

- You can avoid KB951847 in case you don't want to install all set 2.0 SP2+3.0 SP2+3.5 SP1, and you can make remove and install operations of each one to you liking, seamlessly.

- You can avoid KB928416 trying to install wrong 3.0 SP0 langpack for some languages.

- You can choose the switchless verbosity level of the install process and change them if you want with switches.

- It is compatible with HFSLIP.

And the pleasure of doing it yourself with a transparent process, of course. :D

Edited by strel

Thanks strel for your hard work on this .NET Framework mess! A real timesaver...

But please strel....add quotes to make the changes to the registry valid.

From line 315

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\%OSLCID% /V InstallSuccess /T REG_DWORD /D 00000001 /F

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\%OSLCID% /V Version /D 3.0.04506.30 /F

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\Windows Presentation Foundation\%OSLNGSTR% /V Version /D 3.0.6920.0 /F

to
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\%OSLCID%" /V InstallSuccess /T REG_DWORD /D 00000001 /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\%OSLCID%" /V Version /D 3.0.04506.30 /F

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\Windows Presentation Foundation\%OSLNGSTR%" /V Version /D 3.0.6920.0 /F

Sorry I should have tested it.

Fixed now! :thumbup

Thx CEoCeo.

More than this. It needed !VARIABLES! for delayed expansion.

And there were 3 lines out of place in the previous version.