Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

mickmack, probably the same issue as that in post post #59 for hungarian language, isn't it?

Is there discrepancy among install sizes of 3.0 sp2 language pack installed normally or from SNMsynth installers too, as described in that post?

yup, the same. i just added regtweak to not show this update

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Servicing\Windows Workflow Foundation\RU]

@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\1049]

"InstallSuccess"=dword:00000001

"Version"="3.0.04506.30"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\Windows Communication Foundation\1049]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\Windows Presentation Foundation\ru]

"Version"="3.0.6920.0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Setup\Windows Workflow Foundation\RU]

the problem is that it doesnt install on .NET 3.0 SP1. only to pure 3.0 without SP1

Excuse my bad English, my native language Russian.

I have created installer with following options:

PROCESS_DNF1=YES
PROCESS_DNF2=
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF2=YES
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF3=YES
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF35=YES

PROCESS_DNF3_RGBRAST=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_WINIMAGING=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_MSXML6=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_XMLPSSC=YES

PROCESS_LNG_DNF1=YES
PROCESS_LNG_DNF2=YES
PROCESS_LNG_DNF35_DNF2=YES
PROCESS_LNG_DNF35_DNF3=YES
PROCESS_LNG_DNF35_DNF35=YES

OUTPUT=
MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=YES
VERBOSITY=
COMPRESSION_RATIO=MED

In file DNF11ru20SP2ru30SP2ru35SP1ru.exe there are files: Dnf.reg and Install.cmd. In file Install.cmd it is had:

ECHO>>DNF.REG REGEDIT4
FOR /F "DELIMS=[]" %%I IN ('FINDSTR/IR "\.KB958481" DNFWIN4.TXT') DO ECHO>>DNF.REG [-%%I]
%SYSTEMROOT%\REGEDIT /S DNF.REG
%SYSTEMROOT%\REGEDIT /S DNF.REG

Questions:

1 That will be with file Dnf.reg in an archive root if it is modified by a script even before start?

2 What for file Dnf.reg is started twice?

3 In folder Dnf35 there are all language files (setupres.ÕÕÕÕ.dll, WapRes.ÕÕÕÕ.dll, locdata.ÕÕÕÕ.ini, eula.ÕÕÕÕ.rtf), to me are necessary only with ÕÕÕÕ=1049. Whether It is possible to remove the others?

Thanks.

Thx guys.

I'm going to review all this.

2 mickmack

If I understood you right, it happens to you under russian XP with 3.0 SP1 ru, is that correct?

2 gora

A1: I don't understand you completely. Can you reformulate your question?

A2: Nothing. I'm going to fix it.

A3: I'm going to remove them.

2 all

I'm interested in confirming whether update kb928416 keeps showing in windows/ms update after installing, from SNMsynth installer, 3.0 SP1 or SP2 italian, turkish, chinese simplified or other languages whose dotnetfx35langpack_x86*.exe structure is the same as described in post #41 for hungarian langpack, when installed on Win XP/2003 of the same language, as it seems it's happening; or not.

Does anybody help me?

Edited by strel

A1: I don't understand you completely. Can you reformulate your question?

Before start, file Dnf.reg being in 7z sfx archive (DNF11ru20SP2ru30SP2ru35SP1ru.exe) has the following maintenance:

REGEDIT4
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\M928366]

After performance of these lines of a script

ECHO>>DNF.REG REGEDIT4
FOR /F "DELIMS=[]" %%I IN ('FINDSTR/IR "\.KB958481" DNFWIN4.TXT') DO ECHO>>DNF.REG [-%%I]

in it there will be a following:

REGEDIT4
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\M928366]
REGEDIT4
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{C09FB3CD-3D0C-3F2D-899A-6A1D67F2073F}.KB958481]

It is correct a .reg file?

2 mickmack

If I understood you right, it happens to you under russian XP with 3.0 SP1 ru, is that correct?

yup. but ive made dutch installer, and it happens there as well. thus, there might be a problem with language packs only.

So you have tried 3.0 SP1 dutch installed onto russian XP, correct? Does it work your registry workaround, adapted to dutch language parameters, removing kb928416 win/ms update tip?

2 all

I'm interested in confirming whether update kb928416 keeps showing in windows/ms update after installing, from SNMsynth installer, 3.0 SP1 or SP2 italian, turkish, chinese simplified or other languages whose dotnetfx35langpack_x86*.exe structure is the same as described in post #41 for hungarian langpack, when installed on Win XP/2003 of the same language, as it seems it's happening; or not.

Does anybody help me?

Under XP Portuguese Brazilian windows/ms update list KB928416 and KB829019 in Optional Updates.

In Add/Remove Programs .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 language Pack - PTB have 3,83 mb.

I'm using your last version of SNMsynth.

0d

Hi to all!

This is a really fantastic work... but I'm getting a bit confused!!! :wacko:

Please, can anyone write a STEP BY STEP GUIDE about this topic that make me possible to integrate all .NET FRAMEWORKS, including all respective languages pack and actual updates) with the SVCPACK.INF and the FIRST LOGON methods? :blushing:

Thanks in advance.

Hi to all!

This is a really fantastic work... but I'm getting a bit confused!!! :wacko:

Please, can anyone write a STEP BY STEP GUIDE about this topic that make me possible to integrate all .NET FRAMEWORKS, including all respective languages pack and actual updates) with the SVCPACK.INF and the FIRST LOGON methods? :blushing:

Thanks in advance.

I need something like that hosted (you can update it somewhere and post about it in the nLite add-on forum), but to integrate with nLite. I need ATi/AMD CCC usable after the XP installation. Can't use the cript since I'm on Vista :/

can anyone write a STEP BY STEP GUIDE about this topic that make me possible to integrate all .NET FRAMEWORKS

Please, install on your current machine all (supported) Framework versions you want to deploy.

Create a working folder ("Framework", for example) in the root of your system drive.

Copy all full executables you've used in your previous installation in your working folder and also extract "SNMsynth.zip" and "7za464.zip" into it.

Run "SNMsynth.cmd": the default settings will merge your Framework versions in a single executable (really in a RAR archive that you can use in nLite-d installs as Add-on or, extracting the executable, within Windows or in nLite-d installs running it At First Log-on).

If nLite-d as Add-on then a couple of errors appear (3.5 related) in Event Viewer (it seems they imply no issues), if running at first log-on instead (or wiyhin Windows) then the two errors will disappear.

If you need 1.1 version and related updates too then in order to avoid a (double) restart the script will automatically install it at the process ending.

I've successfully merged "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1" ("dotnetfx35.exe" - 231 MB - including 2.0 SP1, 3.0 SP1 and 3.5 SP1) plus its "Family Update" ("NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe", "NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe" and "NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe" - that's 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 update) in a single executable (50,8 MB) that perfectly and silently work in a nLite-d install at first log-on (I do not need Language Pack then I do not know about it but I'm sure that somebody knows how to).

Please note that if you install also the latest "DirectX End-User Runtime" in a your possibly nLite-d install then DirectX would be installed after .NET Framework in order to correctly install "DirectX for Managed Code" components.

BTW1: really in the first post you can read also about the stated support for 2.0 SP1 ("NetFx20SP1_x86.exe"), but IMO I think that it probably is useless [and then also (my previously suggested) 2.0 SP2 ("NetFx20SP2_x86.exe") support would be so] considering that the support for .NET Framework 2.0 is not (yet?) available... :unsure:

BTW2: I was trying an app (NovaShield - "NovaShield_xp_release_2_5_8.exe") that at any case requests Framework 2.0 SP1 although the SP1 would must be already correctly installed, but probably that is an isolated issue that specific program-related.