Cab error when trying to integrate theme?

jellopy

When I'm about to finalize my nlite installation, it begins to add my theme and I get the error, "CabLib Compress ERROR: Could not create FCI context: The filename of the CAB file must NEVER contain Unicode characters!" After that, it just hangs and nothing else happens. If I remove the theme, it completes without problem. Can someone maybe take a look at the theme and see if it's possible to fix? Am I able to link it here?

Edited by jellopy

"CabLib Compress ERROR: Could not create FCI context: The filename of the CAB file must NEVER contain Unicode characters!"

Can someone maybe take a look at the theme and see if it's possible to fix? Am I able to link it here?

The answer is in your question:

The filename of the CAB file must NEVER contain Unicode characters!

Simply (manually) retype the theme texts (the problem is in some of the texts inside the cab).

Uncab, rename, cab again.

I use tugzip 3.5 it's free and have a .cab option

Edited by DennyMK

"CabLib Compress ERROR: Could not create FCI context: The filename of the CAB file must NEVER contain Unicode characters!"

Can someone maybe take a look at the theme and see if it's possible to fix? Am I able to link it here?

The answer is in your question:

The filename of the CAB file must NEVER contain Unicode characters!

Simply (manually) retype the theme texts (the problem is in some of the texts inside the cab).

Uncab, rename, cab again.

I use tugzip 3.5 it's free and have a .cab option

How do I uncab a .theme or .msstyles file to change the name of the fonts?

jellopy, I use 7-Zip to expand a .cab file and you can also use expand command at the Command Prompt. You can use the makecab command (also Command Prompt) to remake the cabinet file. Help and Support (under Start) has information about expand command but not makecab. You can get information on both commands by typing the command followed by " /?" (no quotes). See 'Using MakeCAB.exe' (about half way down screen) in this link. Enjoy, John.

jellopy, I use 7-Zip to expand a .cab file and you can also use expand command at the Command Prompt. You can use the makecab command (also Command Prompt) to remake the cabinet file. Help and Support (under Start) has information about expand command but not makecab. You can get information on both commands by typing the command followed by " /?" (no quotes). See 'Using MakeCAB.exe' (about half way down screen) in this link. Enjoy, John.

I don't have a .cab file to work with. I'm having trouble integrating a theme where the format is .theme or .msstyles. DennyMK said to uncab something to edit the filename, but what do I uncab? I can't uncab a theme file.