Really wierd Internet Loss

Cheeze

I'm on an ADSL connection with Orange Broadband, The internet was working this morning for about 2 hours, Then the router disconnected and reconnected a few minutes later. I noticed that DSL Downstream and Upstream rate had gone from 2900 and 480 to 4900 and 605, I am now unable to connect to Most websites. I can ping them But cannot send/receive more than 1464 bytes. I know normally any network packet larger than 1464 (+28) Is fragmented, but I can only receive 1 Fragment, so any site larger than 1464 bytes does not load.

I've contacted my ISP, All they can tell me to do is clear cookies and reset the router along with a load of other useless crap in an incomprehensible English accent. I have tried several Spare Modem-Routers, Each has a different Result;

My Linksys gives me 4900 downstream but A colossal ping of around 600ms to every site, Web Access

Netgear router gives me 1600 downstream but a small ping, Webpages take ages to load

Dlink router had Low ping and High downstream rate, No web access.

Livebox (From ISP, Manufactured by Inventel) Downstream 4900, Low ping, Web access for about 5 minutes, Then it crashes and has to be restarted.

By web access, I mean anything that uses TCP. UDP services, like Xbox Live, work fine.

Several months ago I was having Connection issues caused by faulty phone line in my house, but that has been replaced.

Every PC I have in my house is suffering with the same problem, so it is not an individual TCP/IP problem. I have checked to make sure things like MTU, VPI, VCI etc are all correct and those supplied by my ISP.

Model numbers, Just in case:

DLink: DSL-2740B, Firmware Version: 2.51 Hardware Version: C2

Netgear: DG834GT

Linksys: WAG354G

Edited by Cheeze