Acer Aspire One drivers

fgaine

I am currently working hard on slimming down XP for the AAO netbook; I put all its drivers for integration, but every time the install is finished, I realise that the drivers have not installed during setup. I drop all the extracted .inf files fro from the driver CD, but for some reason, they don't integrate. Anyone hqs successfully integrated AAO drivers in their nLited version of XP?...

fgaine, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini and make sure your are not running nLite more than once against the same source. Enjoy, John.

Do you mean that you would like to see my last session.ini files? how do I attach it to a post?

You can't run it twice against the same source as it would refuse to do it any way...

You can't run it twice against the same source as it would refuse to do it any way...

I can't see any case of nLite simply "refusing" to run on a valid installation.

Do you get any error message during the drivers integration step ?

Or maybe you remove components that are needed for those drivers to run properly. Were you able to install those same drivers on the running machine after that same install ?

I can't see any case of nLite simply "refusing" to run on a valid installation.

Do you get any error message during the drivers integration step ?

Or maybe you remove components that are needed for those drivers to run properly. Were you able to install those same drivers on the running machine after that same install ?

I don't get any error message when i put the drivers in nLite. But once my nLited version of XP is installed, you find out that the drivers haven't been installed. I am not removing the needed components as I can install the drivers afterwards with no issue...

fgaine, after you run nLite, Last Session.ini is in your source folder. You attach it using the 'Browse...' and 'UPLOAD' buttons at the lower right of the forum reply screen. Enjoy, John.

Here it is. Cheers. Any suggestion on what i am doing wrong will be appreciated.

Happy Xmas to you all.

LAST_SESSION.INI

fgaine, Cheers to you also! I don't really see anything amiss in your Last Session.ini, but I do have a question about your driver selection. In many cases, drivers have multiple .inf files. I see none in yours. Did you select single or multiple drivers when you did the inserts? You need to look at your driver folders and see if there are more than one .inf. In general you should include the multiple ones. I do a search on the extracted folder for *.inf and see what shows up. Enjoy, John.

fgaine, Cheers to you also! I don't really see anything amiss in your Last Session.ini, but I do have a question about your driver selection. In many cases, drivers have multiple .inf files. I see none in yours. Did you select single or multiple drivers when you did the inserts? You need to look at your driver folders and see if there are more than one .inf. In general you should include the multiple ones. I do a search on the extracted folder for *.inf and see what shows up. Enjoy, John.

You are right. Although I selected multiple and single drivers properly, it did only integrate one .inf files from each multiple drivers folder every time instead of integrating the lot. Does any one know how to force nLite to take all the files from a folder?..

You are right. Although I selected multiple and single drivers properly, it did only integrate one .inf files from each multiple drivers folder every time instead of integrating the lot. Does any one know how to force nLite to take all the files from a folder?..
You don't need to integrate more than 1 INF file for each driver, it must not even be a suitable one. NLite will copy the complete content of the driver folder into the later ISO file.