Application Hangs

ebouza

Good morning and Happy Holidays to all,

I have a small issue with Winword 2007 and Adobe Acrobat, I have one enduser (The Owner) that when he is connected to any network and tries to open an Office Word attachment Word hangs at the Office 2007 Splash screen and will never open or close.

You have to click on top of the splash screen in order for Windows Vista responds with the message Program not responding andit gives you three options you can perform. I have changed the default printer

to a non-networked printer, I have run all the Vista and Office updates. While going through the Event Viewer I ran across plenty of error id that were generated by Word. The event ID's I am receiving are: Event ID: 1002 and 7002.

If someone can please shed some light on this problem.

Thank you in advance,

Erick

Follow the link. You first need to install the tools, then follow the directions on making an application hang dump (get the app hung, then run the commands for creating said hang dump). If you do it correctly, they'll be in the adplus folder you created as per the instructions.

Cluberti,

Thanks once again. I will run those commands as soon as the end user returns from vacation in January. I will post the dmp files back here as soon as I gather them.

Thanks for all your help.

Happy Holidays

Speak to you next year,

Erick