can't install nvidia tnt/tnt2 drivers to nlited windows xp

jhn

I thought the problem might exist because I have nLite version of XP with lots of stuff removed. After installing XP the TNT2 drivers provided by Microsoft were installed correctly and are fully functional. But I can't install the manufacturer's drivers from Nvidia's website. Setup tells me there are no drivers for current hardware. If I manually force to install TNT2 drivers from the package's inf-files the computer starts with safe-mode and thus I must rollback the previous Microsoft drivers.

the TNT2 drivers provided by Microsoft were installed correctly and are fully functional.

Ain't it fine ?

I have one (from 99?) and if I remember correctly, drivers written after those of XP are just for more cards, but do not change anything to the TNT2.

the TNT2 drivers provided by Microsoft were installed correctly and are fully functional.

Ain't it fine ?

I have one (from 99?) and if I remember correctly, drivers written after those of XP are just for more cards, but do not change anything to the TNT2.

Not quite true. For game performance, especially for OpenGL, nvidia's own drivers are much better.