How do I change the left webview pane in XP?

JenniferArden

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me how to change the left webview pane in XP? I want to replace the gradient color (blue) with an image and I also want to change the text color to white. I know it must be done in shellstyle.dll but I do not know how. I have already tried editing the shellstyle.dll file but there is no image file for the left webview pane, it only goes to 112, in other shellstyle.dll files from other VS's I see there is an extra number added eg 113 and that always contains the image for the left webview pane.

Thank you for reading,

Jen

Edited by JenniferArden

• 1 month later...

Dear Jennifer..

hello..

there is one file control of this pane call "Shellstyle.dll" this dll files existing in window folder , almost in "C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna\Shell\NormalColor"

and you can change it by any programe resouce like Reshacker you can download it here ResHacker

something else in the desktop right click properties when the window come's up go to appearance and change the themes..

something else in the head point after you open the file.dll you find a lot of resources find "23" expand then you see now CPWEBVW.CSS , UAHELP.CSS ..when you open it in the right you can see the color number like "color:#7294DF"

this is the color controller and you can write any number and get you custom's color .......

thanks

i wish i could help you...

please tell me if any thing come's up.....

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you very much for replying, I am going to try your advice and see what happens:-) Something else has come up, I want to change something in a msstyles file but I do not know where. I made a new posting under XP Visual Styles, if you can please look there and tell me what you think.

Thank you again,

Jennifer