Sysprep =P

you might want to provide more information.

I guess that you mean you want to be able to install windows onto a sata (possibly raid setup) hard drive and not have to put the floppy in for the drivers during windows xp setup. If you, you need nLite. Search the forums for it and how to use it. There's at least 1 thread relating to putting drivers into an xp installation cd.

you might want to provide more information.

I guess that you mean you want to be able to install windows onto a sata (possibly raid setup) hard drive and not have to put the floppy in for the drivers during windows xp setup. If you, you need nLite. Search the forums for it and how to use it. There's at least 1 thread relating to putting drivers into an xp installation cd.

No... I want to know how to have a sysprep for IDE drivers and SATA drivers.. And how install it :\

Greetings :)

Hi people :)

I need Help with this... program ... with sysprep for IDE drivers and SATA drivers...

What do you want to do with IDE and SATA drivers?

Sysprep is a tool for preparing a Windows installation for end user, resetting the windows key, machine id an such.

You wont be able to install XP in 5 minutes.

What you can do is make one regular installation of Windows XP and then make an image of this installation with Symantec Ghost or something similar.

The next time you need a windows installation on a similar machine (it has to be an "identical" machine, same chipset drivers etc.) you can copy your ghost image and then run the program sysprep. This will reset windows security identifiers and windows license key to in essence make it a fresh install.

Actually it does not have to be identical, but as HP found out don't go from Intel to AMD or vice versa. As long as you have the appropriate drivers available you can image machines across many different makes and models without issue. The biggest hang up is the HAL, but as long as you are not trying to throw in old machine that is usually not an issue any more either.

Hi :)

Already now I apologize for not know very well how to explain ... but I am still learning about the topic of sysprep ... and I learned, is a tool that ... strip briefly in the hardware installation of XP.

I got everything: D. ... Thank you ...

But I still have additional questions and to ask it to some people who understand something about it ... But I have to do is sysprep drivers for IDE and IDE move to SATA ... Where can I find on the subject?

Greetings

volcomftwthe1

Edited by volcomftwthe1