sony vaio preinstalled

hasgar

hi!

got a sony vaio with a pre installed vista. used linux to copy the hidden partition and tried to use it with vlite (tried the recovery DVD as well), but the programm say `no expected files` and i could not find any *.smw and *.wim files. i could find some large *.sny

any ideas?????

searched the forum for the last five hours without finding anything really helpful

The .SNY files are "parts" of a bigger .WIM file.

You may also have a number of other files, with .MOD extension that are actually .WIM files that in their simplicity SONY decided to cripple.

Please post the list of the .sny files you have, I may be able to help you in joining them in a .WIM file.

First file needs to be patched, as it is crippled as well.

To use the .MOD files, they need as well to be patched and it is possibly out of the scope of this thread since they are usually for added on apps and drivers.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

now that sounds more promising...

the list of SNY files:

-P2.SNY

-P22.SNY

-P23.SNY

-P24.SNY

-P25.SNY

-P26.SNY

-P27.SNY

all together these file have a size of 3.07 gigs

furthermore there are 58 MOD files in diferent folders which are approx. 3.41 gigs

cheers!

worked out perfectly! :thumbup

got a clean vista up and running. only have to get rid of that annoying sysprep pop up at startup.....

uh, that was simple!

thanks again! :w00t:

i strongly recommend to store that programm somewhere on this site. the link is http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=233256 but one never knows.

how about implementing it into vlite??

(that was to you guys doing a great job in programming an running this forum :hello: )

problem solved!

Edited by hasgar

• 2 weeks later...