Get the full time format in File Properties

kidubox

When I view the File Properties in Windows Vista, it shows me the full time format in "Created", "Modified" and "Accessed"

(Modified: ... 2:27:29 AM)

file2.jpg

... but sometimes it just shows me how long the file were created, modified or accessed and it is really annoying.

(... 29 minutes ago ... 17 minutes ago ... 1 minutes ago...) :wacko:

file1.jpg

How can I made windows just show me the full time format? :rolleyes:

I found that when viewing the contents of a folder via a mapped drive or UNC path it will display the file details in past minutes format. When viewing local (non-networked files) it shows like normal. This is the case for my Vista SP1 Ultimate HP Laptop.

Although I have not looked I am not sure where or if this can be changed without using a 3rd part app in vista. However I have seen other 3rd party file/folder manager apps that can display in all kinds of formats ect..

Hope this helps.

MrChris

Edited by MrChris

I think this is a basic function so it must be a way to force Windows to show the full time format without any 3rd party app <_<

It's weird! With exactly the same file (in the same folder) the file properties showed "past minute" format. Then after a few minutes I re-open file properties again, it showed me full time format. Then... "past minute" format again.... :crazy:

P/S: My files are in local computer.

When I view the File Properties in Windows Vista, it shows me the full time format in "Created", "Modified" and "Accessed"

(Modified: ... 2:27:29 AM)

... but sometimes it just shows me how long the file were created, modified or accessed and it is really annoying.

(... 29 minutes ago ... 17 minutes ago ... 1 minutes ago...) :wacko:

How can I made windows just show me the full time format? :rolleyes:

I've been wondering about this too... Anybody?