XP processors...

ThA_FiLeR

I have owned an Intel ever since the days of the P60.

I have owned P1,P2 AND P3 computers and for a change decided to risk all on an Athlon processor.To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.I am not an expert on processors,but they say a picture says a thousand words

Its like this, why would I buy a Ford Tempo( mini cooper for u brits), when I can afford a BMW? I mean you could probably tweak the ford Tempo (mini Cooper) to run just as fast or even faster than a BMW, but honestly folks, lets get real. Why accept an imitator, get the real deal, with intel.

Big Booger

Rollin' as I write this LOL [/quote:66093fda7f]

Nice one Boogs!:)

No...no...no! You got it all wrong Boogs. Bad comparison. You are trying to say that AMD is a cheaper (in quality) chip. No way! The only reason that Intel has such expensive chips is because they were once the monopoly but believe me...their time is up! Just do some review reading! Go to tomshardware.com...you will see who makes the Beemer!

Rick:cool:

I wanted to stir up some commotion about this issue. I really truly would have bought an AMD CPU, had it not been for the incredible deal I got. I got a 1.6MHZ P4, and mobo for around 200 bucks US. My local computer shop (in japan) ran a new year's special, and I took advantage of it. Though I did look at an XP 1800 & 1900 at least twice, with an ASUS MOBO, but the price was beyond what I was willing to pay.

I do think though that intel will always be around, as well as AMD. Much like Coke and Pepsi.

Big Booger

I wanted to stir up some commotion about this issue. I really truly would have bought an AMD CPU, had it not been for the incredible deal I got. I got a 1.6MHZ P4, and mobo for around 200 bucks US. My local computer shop (in japan) ran a new year's special, and I took advantage of it. Though I did look at an XP 1800 & 1900 at least twice, with an ASUS MOBO, but the price was beyond what I was willing to pay.

I do think though that intel will always be around, as well as AMD. Much like Coke and Pepsi.

Big Booger [/quote:790f989249]

I definitely agree with boogs

especially on the last statement "I do think though that intel will always be around, as well as AMD. Much like Coke and Pepsi." very nice example, the exact situation :)

BLACKWAR

Boogs! You make me sick! You get to go down to your local electronics store and get stuff that won't be out here for another year! LOL Did you read about the 1 terabyte cd/dvd disc that will be coming out in Japan soon? Check out the tech section

Rick:cool: :)

For example, my keitai,(cellphone) has broadband, MP3 downloading, a built in camera, and screensavers that are very kewl. It has over 300 ring tones, etc... They have some very L33t s*** here, but its all in Japanese. Luckily, they have made manuals in English and my phone can be changed to English. It is very nice.

I have not heard of this terabyte DVD/CD but I am very interested. I will check it out immediately. Sounds kewl.

What amazed me here was the amount of navigators people have in their cars, you see them everywhere. IN the states, you only see them in expensive cars, but here they are in everything from mercedes to Mini pajero's (mitsubishi small truck). The best part is they are multifunctional. YOu can watch satellite TV, play DVD's, get the weather from the internet, and get a visual guide to where you are going, kind of like a 3D atlas. It even shows the buildings, streets, stop signs, etc... It will also give you driving instructions by voice.

Big Booger