XP processors...

ThA_FiLeR

Are the XP processors really better for Windows XP? or is this just some bulls*** that they are better for XP then the normal processor, I was thinkin bout buyin a AMD 1.3ghz but for a lil more I got an XP processor. Is this really faster? better?

[b:80b1b187d3]ThA_FiLeR[/b:80b1b187d3] - A raid board has an extra IDE port which allows u the option of connecting more hard drives/ or IDE devices

[b:80b1b187d3] Richie101 [/b:80b1b187d3] - why wouldnt u go for another Intel proccessor???

Xp processor uses the same chip core, code named Palomino which can be found in Athlon 4 notebook chips. It is supposed to use about 20% less power then the original Athlons and has 3DNow professional which adds 52 new 3D and multimedia instructions which makes it compatible with Intels SSE instructions.

They are definatly a much improved processor from the K6, and the only difference that I have noticed in my xp1800+ to the P4 1.7gig is that it is alot smoother and faster in gaming....but there is no difference between the two in speed to information to waiting applications.

Yes the AMD is alot cheaper, but I havent given up on Intel upping the anti, performance wise

AMD not only clocks at much faster speeds than the comparable Intel chip but it is much cheaper. However, there is a much bigger thing that makes AMD attractive. In the past few years, if you wanted to go up in speed with the Intel chips, you had to get a new mobo...at least four different ones I think. Meanwhile, AMD has remained with the same socket A mobo since the release of Athlon.

Just a thought!

Rick:cool:

Its like this, why would I buy a Ford Tempo( mini cooper for u brits), when I can afford a BMW? I mean you could probably tweak the ford Tempo (mini Cooper) to run just as fast or even faster than a BMW, but honestly folks, lets get real. Why accept an imitator, get the real deal, with intel.

Big Booger

Rollin' as I write this LOL

Its like this, why would I buy a Ford Tempo( mini cooper for u brits), when I can afford a BMW? I mean you could probably tweak the ford Tempo (mini Cooper) to run just as fast or even faster than a BMW, but honestly folks, lets get real. Why accept an imitator, get the real deal, with intel.

Big Booger

Rollin' as I write this LOL [/quote:16f1d4f81a]

The mini cooper is made by BMW.:):rolleyes: