OemPnPDriversPath line invalid error message

Hello forum members,

I have tried twice -unsuccessfully-to install windows xp home slipstreamed with sp 3;

I keep getting the following error:Line 22 of WINNT.SIF is invalid!!

I have checked to see what is on that line,and found out it is my OemPNPDriversPath entry;

it looks like the following:OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_Ichip;Drivers\001_Rlan;Drivers\002_RHDa"!!

I do not see why I am getting the WINNT.SIF invalid line error,but would like to know if any forum members have had the same problem with this particular setup error??

Thanks in advance for a reply!

btw,the OS I Slipstreamed with SP 3 is Windows XP Home basic!!

Edited by robo5050

I found what the problem was;accidentally left off the end-quote from the $OEM$ drivers file path!!

I think,however,I will stick with installing the MB drivers after copying them over to hard drive via the $Progs

sub-folder!!

No,I don't have the "...$OEM$\ folder as part of the OemPnPDriversPath argument,nor do I have the code line that you mentioned in your reply;is the line necessary for Windows to install my motherboard drivers??

Edited by robo5050

No, don't worry :)

Btw, i know that it says so in the MSFN 'Unattended Windows' guide and a bunch of other places on the net, but adding numbers infront of the folder-names will not affect the install order of the drivers, but of course it doesn't hurt anything either...

Edit: If anyone should be questioning this, then please study closely the MSDN docs for OEM driver installs, and also check your own '%windir%\setupapi.log' file for seeing for yourself the un-chronological install order... Also MS's own docs for how to install OEM drivers, dosen't mention anything about numbers either and just uses normal un-numbered foldernames in their examples...

Edited by Martin H