nLite issues

Alexstarfire

I'm not really sure what else I can do but post here and see if anyone can explain this to me. I don't use nLite to heavily modify XP, just to take out the stuff that takes up tons of space, to use the tweaks, and of course to slipstream SP3 into it. It seems that some of the tweaks I want to implement don't work sometimes. I'm sure there are probably more, but the ones I have noticed are the ones that add things to the My Computer context menu: I want to add the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and Services. I also want it to start with a classic start menu. Much of the time even though I have these options enabled they do not work. It's been this way through dozens of revisions. It's not very consistent, but it does get on my nerves. I'm just wondering if this is because of certain components, addons, drivers, or anything else I could add/remove/change with nLite. It'd be awesome if I could finally get a Windows installation that did everything it was supposed to do.

Anyways, if y'all need any other information just let me know.

Alexstarfire, the odds are your problems are caused by running nLite more than once against the same same source. Always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all you work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. As requested by burned, please post (attach, not paste) your Last Session.ini. Enjoy, John.