Cahoona's and Internet.

TranceEnergy

Ok so the topic i was responding to, just got deleted or so, anyway i thought i post this here anyway.

I'm not going to rewrite post, cba that, but you'll get the general idea. If you don't just be happy.

-----

What most of you dont understand is that it does not matter what you conceive as being piracy or not.

If microsoft sees this, it's just a reason to shutdown the entire forums, if they chose to do so.

So once again, ignorance is bliss. It's obviously more important to try and get a bigger e-penis for having something not generally available/new piece of software, then to try and understand that such actions in this way is only hurting everyone else. What i find frustrating here is that one knows this isnt allowed typical topic, yet one finds the nerve to just do it anyway, because e-penis needs enlargement no doubt, at all cost. Probably hoping for ban.

Having said all of this, i dont believe that in generally speaking, talking about pre-beta's is illegal, unless one are under an NDA. Howevere if you have gained the software by means not "licensed/sanctioned" by MS/company, you have effectively no rights.

Offtopic, by the speed linux is going now it could be fully useable in commercially media applications by even end of next year, gods willing. Some companies even do use it already. How about start thinking on jumping on the free software platform instead?

I think I know what thread you are discussing, and discussing pre-beta releases in and of itself is probably not illegal. However, knowing Microsoft is not distributing any of the builds between 6801 and whatever ultimately becomes the beta, and any partner or vendor with said build IS under NDA, we have to take into account that either this person is using warez, or is violating their NDA (or both).

So, the thread was deleted. Once Win7 becomes a public beta, we can talk about builds post 6801.

XP was an abberation - it's the only version of modern Windows not to have a new version released 3 - 4 years after it's release (due to the Vista "reboot" back in 2004/2005). Win95 had Win98, 98 had SE and WinME (and technically W2K), NT4 had W2K (4 years instead of 3), but XP had the better part of 6 years (2001 - 2006), almost 7, before Vista. So, Win7 gets Microsoft back on the "3 year" release schedule they state they want to get back to.