After 20mins of Prime95 Blend tests, the temps were as follows:

HDDs = 46, 49 and 46

Motherboard = 47

CPU = 71

GPU = 60

North Bridge = 49

South Bridge = 69

Temperature #2 (i have no idea it of what component) = 54

And btw today the ambient temperature is lower than usual....

the max temps of the gpu i've seen was in furmark with 1440x900 windowed for 10 mins with 16x AA it reached 95C but didnt crash the pc...

Do u think there is a fault of any other component?

and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

Well I would say that it's running pretty hot. 71C on the CPU after just 20mins is pretty hot. Mine runs at just under 50C straight after completing the entire Crysis demo (not sure how long, about an hour of playing around in-game)

Although 60C on your GPU isn't too bad at idle, as the 9800/8800 GT's can run a bit hotter than is preferred, your HDD's are running pretty hot.

I think that when you downgraded the graphics card drivers the game took longer to crash because the older drivers ran the GPU fan a little faster than the newer ones while gaming at the expense of a bit of noise. Just a suggestion.

Edited by RiderZen

I agree 71 C on the CPU is on the hot side. The south bridge also seems to be running hot at 66 on idle.

Have you checked if the CPU's HSF is correctly installed and the fan cable is plugged into the mobo?

Could be a problem with insufficient cooling in the case. Open up the case and test the rig once again with a desktop/pedestal fan blowing air at the components.

As for the PSU, FSP used to be a decent brand atleast a few years ago. I used one of their 350W units for a couple of years without any problems.

I don't know if the 9800GT uses more power than the 8800GT but as a rough guide I ran a E6550 + mobo + 2GB + 2 HDDs + DVDROM + soundcard + 8800GT on a coolermaster 450W RealPower unit for more than a week without any problems, last year.

well tried the desk fan and the graphics just lowered some 5-6C with the fan in max speed, i dont think it did affect that much coz with a normal 80mm fan blowing directly it lowers 2-3C

well the CPU idles 52 while gaming it goes to 60 max

and i have no idea how to cool the southbridge, are there some special southbridge coolers?

the cpu came with a thermatake fan... which is supposed to be better than the original fans

Edited by prizm3d

well tried the desk fan and the graphics just lowered some 5-6C with the fan in max speed, i dont think it did affect that much coz with a normal 80mm fan blowing directly it lowers 2-3C

well the CPU idles 52 while gaming it goes to 60 max

and i have no idea how to cool the southbridge, are there some special southbridge coolers?

the cpu came with a thermatake fan... which is supposed to be better than the original fans

Your southbridge is usually cooled by a small aluminum heatsink, or on my mobo it is a copper heatsink connected to the northbridge heatsink via a copper pipe, but this can be replaced. It normally has two plastic pins the are diagonal on the heatsink and it can be replaced with a bigger one so long as the pins are in the same spot.

I think that that heatsink/fan you have there is not really that good, although it might be better than the stock. I think that I remember someone saying somewhere on this forum that the heatsink/fan you have was on a list on a website and that nothing on the list was very good.

EDIT: Here is a picture of my southbridge heatsink: http://www.legionhardware.com/pic.php?imag...4R/Image_11.jpg

Notice the two white pins? They connect the heatsink to the motherboard. See how there is a pipe going from the southbridge heatsink to the northbridge one? That helps to transfer the heat around for better cooling performance.

Edited by RiderZen

today i did more investigating and it seems that it really is not the problem of temperatures...

its something else... but im not sure what

I configured everest to log the temps and then i put test drive unlimited which is the game that crashes the fastest...

when i saw the log after the crash, is saw that in the time the pc crashed the temps were 65C which is not that much... when i tried furmark the temp reached 95 but the p didnt crash

heres the screen when the pc crashes

26122008263.jpg

then after that BSOD appears...

23122008262.jpg

heres the pic of the graphics card

inno3d_geforce_9800_gt.jpg

heres my pc...

26122008264.jpg

heres the box zoomed

26122008265.jpg

any help?

I ve tested my RAM with memtest no errors, also with the windows memory diagnostics... no error

EDIT:

i've attached the log also

temps_2008_12_26_22_19_15_log.htm

Edited by prizm3d

i bet its the cooler on the card. by the looks of it, it's got poor performance for even the 9800. if that was on a card like my FX5200, it would be perfect, but a 9800GT? don't think so.

your case doesn't appear to have much ventilation for anything, i don't think you've got enough cool going in to take care of what's inside.

I ve tested my RAM with memtest no errors, also with the windows memory diagnostics... no error
Okay, I wasn´t clear enough about that, I was talking about your video RAM that is on your video card, aside of that, I see where the red spots are and that looks more like a shader problem to me.

Your card is just bad, return it for an exchange or try to get an ATI ;).

Hey, try putting another graphics card in the PC (preferably a GF9800 card) and then fire up the games and see if it crashes. Use the latest 180.48 drivers from the nvidia website.

You could always reformat and reinstall windows if it comes to that. A lot of people do this once even twice a year as computers get loaded with all kinds of junk unless you tweak your PC to the max and it is super stable and secure.

EDIT:

Check out this topic on the forums ATM http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=127855

The video card problem was fixed with a reformat.

I would reformat the hard drive every time I upgraded the motherboard, boot-hard drive (of course), and the graphics card.

Ram, CPU, extra hard drives, optical drive, power supply and small add-in cards do not need a reformat to work properly most of the time.

Edited by RiderZen

I would rather guess it's because the case is buried under all that mess you have around it and there is not enough distance from the wall, so that it can't properly exhaust all the heat. Try to pull it out and run it outside of the desk for some time and you will see.