Webclient/Publisher temp files undeletable

George27

Does any one else have this occuring? The Webclient/Publisher temp files donot delete; the longer I stay on the internet, the greater the chance of an increase in the kilobytes accumulated ( usually in around ~200 kbs increments)and it doesn't matter on the site: if it has Flash material or Quck time. It doesn't matter if I delete the files, restart the computer and delete with diskcleaner, same thing. Running Ontracks file cleaner or the East Tec Eraser 2000 nets no better. I called Microsoft, after being on hold for 1Hr I gave up on the tech Dept. trying to find the folders that the Webclient/Publisher temp files are held in.

Has anyone had this problem, I could sure use some help.

Thanks.

Well it all dependes on the particular Browser you use. But if you use IE then your internet temp files can be deleted by clicking the start menu>right clicking on IE and selecting Internet Properties>Delete files(tick offlie stuff too)that should get of all the temp stuff. You can also delete cookies and clear history, this will get rid of some other unwanted extras.

-Drew

Thanks for taking the time to reply,I am running IE 6 on XP Home. I've also tried that. Even if I go to autorun and type "%temp%" I get a bunch of empty folders. The %temp% is supposed to bring up any temporary files that aren't removed by any utilites. I don't believe there are any files, but the numbers are incrementaly increasing. There's a pattern emerging. The units are around 200 kliobytes. There's certainly no hidden folders that are holding them at least none I can find. The %temp% would bring them up.Unless there's something wrong in the OS programming? If you do a Google search on "webclient/publisher" there is a similar complaint as mine at annoyances.org. I don't think that this is particular to the Dell 4100-P3 1.1G I'm running either.