Create A Batch File That Will Delete Your Startup?

Redhatcc

i got a program that installs a bunch of software to a computer you run it on (and not always the same software, but whatever the user chooses to install) and after everything gets installed i'd like to delete it all out of the startup so i dont have quicktimes and other programs in my startup if im not using them at the time i fire up my computer haha

i know that your startup entries are in your registry, anyone got a small script i can compile into a .bat file to run that just deletes everything out of my startup? (non-microsoft services would be great to delete as well... but idk how hard that would be to find that in the registry apart from other services that are microsoft that i want to let run)

or if not anyone know where in your registry that your startup entries are listed?

thx at the moment my google button wasnt working haha :P

but i got the startup app's from launching but the startup services i cant seem to find

i looked

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

but none of these registry folders exist on my machine and i cant quite seem to get my google button to find where startup services are located in the registry except for the keys and all listed above

& thanks jaclaz my mind was elsewhere i didnt think to look on google for the first question haha i always seem to look on msfn then google :P

You can manually access Services by just running "Services.msc" from your RUN box.

Be careful disabling services though! Disable the wrong one and XP may refuse to boot, or refuse to go on-line.

For a list of services to disable, most folks, like me, just go to "Black Vipers" web site.

Disabling services for just one PC is easily done manually, but if you want to disable the same services on multiple PC's it's advantageous to use a batch file.

Here's a Sample of a "Set Services.bat" program.

----------------------------------------------

@echo off

cls

sc config Alerter start= disabled

sc stop Alerter

sc config ClipSrv start= disabled

sc stop ClipSrv

sc config ERSvc start= disabled

sc stop ERSvc

sc config Messenger start= disabled

sc stop Messenger

sc config WmdmPmSN start= disabled

sc stop WmdmPmSN

sc config RemoteRegistry start= disabled

sc stop RemoteRegistry

sc config SCardSvr start= disabled

sc stop SCardSvr

sc config SENS start= disabled

sc stop SENS

sc config Schedule start= disabled

sc stop Schedule

sc config W32Time start= disabled

sc stop W32Time

sc config DNSCache start= disabled

sc stop DNSCache

sc config SharedAccess start= auto

sc start SharedAccess

rem

rem To add other Services:

rem Open Services.msc and double-click on the Service to get the proper filename

rem

rem Syntax:

rem Note that you should put the line to set the Service to Automatic, Manual or Disabled

rem before the line to Stop or Start the Service

rem

rem sc - pulls up the Service

rem config - make this change

rem start= auto - sets the Service to Automatic - note the space after the = sign

rem start= demand - sets the Service to Manual

rem start= disabled - sets the Service to Disabled

rem start - Start the Service

rem stop - Stop the Service

------------------------------------------

I can't stress enough, that this is a SAMPLE only.

You must decide what services you want to disable or put into Manual mode on your own PC and for your own needs.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

B)

thanks that was helpful..

although i think i'm just going to get a batch to launch msconfig.exe haha even though everything else is automated now that i think about it there might be startup items that i want to keep so this might be one of the things i keep manual.

for anyone trying to do the same thing as me and finds this thread what i did find out is delete the entire "Run" under both keys in a .bat then just re-add them afterwards worked for me. as far as the services i think the links above that others posted about "RunServices" is correct just all the computers i checked had a realy manipulated xp loaded onto them haha

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

ONE MORE THING... when i view a thread in msfn's forums for some reason now i see the main post then every post under it is like a mini link i have to click to view what else someone posted... and it just started this. how do i fix this its driving me crazy haha :P ?!

Edited by Redhatcc

ONE MORE THING... when i view a thread in msfn's forums for some reason now i see the main post then every post under it is like a mini link i have to click to view what else someone posted... and it just started this. how do i fix this its driving me crazy haha :P ?!

Look at the top right of the page.

Options.

Display Mode.

Switch to: Standard

Let me guess :rolleyes: , you clicked on a link found on a search engine that brought you back here and since then you see everything as "threaded" (read Outline or Linear+) :whistle:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz