please help with driver/nlite

linuxreact

Hello, I am trying to help a friend that has a laptop HP nx9420.....it should have xp pro installed, instead I found an illegal version of vista....so we tried to install xp pro and the os didn't find the HDD.......I figured out that the sata driers are missing and xp sp3 does not have them ....ok fine.....went to HP and downloaded sp32478 changed it to a zip instead of exe and used 7-zip to decompress. how exactly do I get this into a xp pro cd with nlite......The thing that confuses me is there are two inf files do I slip both of these ? Any help will be greatly appreciated....thx in advance.

Hello, I am trying to help a friend that has a laptop HP nx9420.....it should have xp pro installed, instead I found an illegal version of vista....so we tried to install xp pro and the os didn't find the HDD.......I figured out that the sata driers are missing and xp sp3 does not have them ....ok fine.....went to HP and downloaded sp32478 changed it to a zip instead of exe and used 7-zip to decompress. how exactly do I get this into a xp pro cd with nlite......The thing that confuses me is there are two inf files do I slip both of these ? Any help will be greatly appreciated....thx in advance.

Which version of NLITE are you using? And you don't necessarly get into the Install CD, but if you happen to be using NLITE Version 1.4.9.1, you need to perform these steps:

1. Copy the XP CD to your hard drive. (Remember where you put the copy on the hard drive)

2. Run NLITE.

3. Press <NEXT> at the Welcome Screen.

4. Browse to your copy of the XP CD by clicking on <Browse...>

5. Press <NEXT>

6. Press <NEXT> at the Presets Screen.

7. In the Integrated area click on <DRIVERS>

8. In the Create area click on <BOOTABLE ISO>

8. Press <NEXT>

9. In the Drivers Screen click on <INSERT>

10. Click on Multiple Drivers (I do this so that all options are Integrated into the install)

11. Browse to where your expanded SATA drivers are located, but only click the folder that contains the Sata Drivers...

12. On the Select Multiple Drivers Dialog box, select the path where your drivers can be found.

13. Press <OK>

14. Make sure Text mode is selected. (Cause that is where these drivers will be implemented)

15. Select the Driver that best describes your Hardware. (Mind you that all these options will be loaded into the install anyway so just pick one, but preferably the one that is closest to your hardware)

16. Press <YES> to begin the process. (Here it is integrating your drivers into the install)

17. Press <NEXT>

18. Here under general, click on the Mode Drop down box.

19. Select Direct Burn.

20. Make sure you have a blank Burnable CD in the CD drive.

20. Click on <BURN>

And presto, you have a XP CD with SATA drivers integrated into the install. Hopefully this answers all your questions. Happy installing! :)