ISO corrupt

sweetslotz

I followed all the directions, integrated sp3 into winxp, then created ISO. It showed everything went fine no errors. I burned the cd and it burned with no problem. I can see the ISO file but when u open it on the virtual drive there is nothing there. I sent the ISO file to alcohol-soft (mycd burning program) there tech dept looked at it and said there was nothing there in the iso file that it is corrupt because they were able to observe a boot record. How can it be corrupt I used my original cd and downloaded sp from the windows website. Can someone help me with this ty so much :wacko::whistle:

sweetslotz, have you tried a virtual system (VirtualPC, VirtualBox, VMware Server - all free) with your ISO file? Have you tried letting nLite write and verify your CD? Have you tried a slower write speed? You might try extracting the ISO with 7-Zip (or what ever you prefer) to see what is in it. Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

Are you trying to install to a virtualPC? VirtualPC's are a pain in the ???. Some day they will be perfected. If "yes", then burn it to a CD and look at it. OR, you can look at it with 7-Zip without burning it to a CD. Then, if it's not there, rebuild your ISO from a new source.

sweetslotz,Last Session.ini is placed into your source folder after nLite runs (unless you disabled this option in nLite). Please attach it. See Browse and UPLOAD buttons below your reply window. What is the size of the ISO nLite built? This is the file you should extract with 7-Zip not what's on the CD. Perhaps your burner is not working. When you create an ISO with nLite, select Bootable ISO, the Mode should be Create Image, then click on Make ISO. NLite will ask you for a destination file. Enjoy, John.

I have attached last session. Its not the burner, I have burned several ISO files before and after trying this one, even sent the file to Alcohol-soft their techs say it is corrupt, I burned it twice on the original burner and it showed it burned but nothing is on the disc

Last_Session__2008.12.12_16.56.33_.ini

Edited by sweetslotz

sweetslotz, there is no "Create a Bootable ISO" task in your Last Session.ini. NLite will not create an ISO unless you select this and create an ISO - don't think you have ever created one. Please, please see my last post. Enjoy, John.

sweetslotz, I see no attach ISO. It should be 500 or 600 MB, and the forum would not let you attach it. How big is your's - ISO that is. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Please post the full name of the SP you are using. Thanks, John.

Edited by johnhc