O&O Defrag Pro v11 (latest) & O&O Clevercache v6 (latest)

Stoner81

Ok guys this is driving me nuts!!! I am trying to sort out the silent switches for these two programs now here is the annoying thing...

I have extracted them since they use Install Shield which then gives me a setup.exe and **.msi file plus a couple of others now running these from a cmd prompt i have installed them by using the following;

setup.exe /S /v"qn"

By doing this on a system already up and running is fine and they both install no problems and the registry entries I have made for the registration info also work.

But, when I use them with the WPI using the EXACT same switches it refuses to install and so does the reg file even tho I know they work plus I have other reg files in use with other applications in my WPI which work fine!!!!!

Anybody got any ideas on why they wont work?

Once I have this solved I will post the needed info in the here to allow others to use these great applications!

Thanks in advance for any and all help given!

Stoner81.

Messed around with this a bit. What I did was downloaded Defrag Pro. Extracted the setup file. Like you said You have setup.exe and the msi file. I deleted the the setup.exe file. Then I tried to install using just the msi file. Worked fine. I then Used the /qn and exectuted with the /qn switch and it installed just fine as well.

You may give that a shot and see what happens. Just extract then delete the setup.exe. I used http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...nts/CMenu.shtml . You may find that tool Super Useful if you dont already have it. I use it tons. Just adds some super cool options to your right click. I right click on the .msi then seletect more options from the right click, Then select file managment, then execute with peramaters, put in the switch you think may work and try it. I used the /qn and it installed fine. Hope this helps.

If you still unable to get it to work let me know. I may just make it and upload it to a medafire download for ya if needed.

Edited by tym

Messed around with this a bit. What I did was downloaded Defrag Pro. Extracted the setup file. Like you said You have setup.exe and the msi file. I deleted the the setup.exe file. Then I tried to install using just the msi file. Worked fine. I then Used the /qn and exectuted with the /qn switch and it installed just fine as well.

You may give that a shot and see what happens. Just extract then delete the setup.exe. I used http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...nts/CMenu.shtml . You may find that tool Super Useful if you dont already have it. I use it tons. Just adds some super cool options to your right click. I right click on the .msi then seletect more options from the right click, Then select file managment, then execute with peramaters, put in the switch you think may work and try it. I used the /qn and it installed fine. Hope this helps.

If you still unable to get it to work let me know. I may just make it and upload it to a medafire download for ya if needed.

Ok m8 thanks for your time I will look into it and report back here!

Thanks for your help!

Stoner81.

Well bloody hell!!!! Dude you are a life saver I have tried this with Defrag Pro v11.1.**** (latest one anyway) and no problems. I dunno what the setup.exe was doin coz everytime i tried to run the .msi installer before deleting the setup.exe file it would not work but it seems to run spot on now!

Thanks a million I wll double check it in VMware and also check CleverCache to make sure it works too!

Once I have done that then I will post on how to use them!!!

Thanks again buddy you are a life saver!!!

Stoner81.

Not sure what is going on. I downloaded o&o defrag the latest verson. I created a folder on my desktop. I placed the program in that folder and right clicked on the program in the folder and selected "extract to here". I then simply deleted the setup.exe file. I then right clicked on the .msi and executed with /qn. Worked fine and even gave me a shortcut to my desktop.

No worries, I will make this work for ya. Or atleast try. I will make it, try it in virtual machine to make sure it works fine and upoad it to medifire for ya. You can download it. If all goes well I will explain exactly how I did it so you can maybe make your own in the future. Hang Tight. Will get this done.

Not sure what is going on. I downloaded o&o defrag the latest verson. I created a folder on my desktop. I placed the program in that folder and right clicked on the program in the folder and selected "extract to here". I then simply deleted the setup.exe file. I then right clicked on the .msi and executed with /qn. Worked fine and even gave me a shortcut to my desktop.

No worries, I will make this work for ya. Or atleast try. I will make it, try it in virtual machine to make sure it works fine and upoad it to medifire for ya. You can download it. If all goes well I will explain exactly how I did it so you can maybe make your own in the future. Hang Tight. Will get this done.

Thanks buddy!

As it is it seems I have solved not to sure what the problem was I think i was using the wrong switches and also a small bug in WPI for running .reg files but not sure.

I have since downloaded the latest files for WPI and remade it from scratch and so far so good. Going to make a full build now with all the updates etc in nLite then try it again.

Thanks for your help m8, I will report back here when ive done it.

Stoner81.

Just in case, I did get O&O Defrag done. Here is the mediafire link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i5ytmmwjrdv/Addon_O&O Defrag.cab

Glad ya got it worked out. Have a nice day and if ya need any more help just ask.

Thanks buddy will do for sure ;) once I have tested them then I will make a proper release of them with the info and links needed to do it, I will put a thank you in it to you for the help buddy much appreciated!!!!

Thanks again!

Stoner81.

PS - Got the download m8 ;) cheers.