[Release] Nero Lite v9.2.6.0

mara-

There are some bugs in this installer, like the shortcut. Mara does not want to waste bandwith uploading just for a faulty shortcut as he has previously stated. Only when a new version of nero comes out. And you said the uninstaller is a virus, it is just a false positive, as it is packed with UPX.

Edited by x-Shadow-x

• 2 weeks later...

There's lots of pruning you can do with this yet. Even the Micro edition installs 12Mb worth of DrWeb virus defs. Does anyone using Micro need the nero Digital codecs and shell extension? (Nero Digital is what neroPatentActivation is for) NTSCoreComponents are only for Nero Scout, which I doubt anyone wants.

There's lots of pruning you can do with this yet. Even the Micro edition installs 12Mb worth of DrWeb virus defs. Does anyone using Micro need the nero Digital codecs and shell extension? (Nero Digital is what neroPatentActivation is for) NTSCoreComponents are only for Nero Scout, which I doubt anyone wants.

Thanks for the info. I also think that DrWeb files are useless. I'll probably remove it. And you mean on NScCoreComponents? Well, folder can not be removed, but all files, except two can be deleted inside the folder. But, I need to check if something will break when the files are deleted.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

A lot of the stuff in the SMC folder is unnecessary, especially for the Micro version. You can probably save ~12MB there.

Do you know the purpose of NeBDGraphic.ax and NeBDThumbnail.ax ? I don't have a BluRay drive so I can't test it. Nero Recode installs them as well.

Edited by Grope For Luna

A lot of the stuff in the SMC folder is unnecessary, especially for the Micro version. You can probably save ~12MB there.

Do you know the purpose of NeBDGraphic.ax and NeBDThumbnail.ax ? I don't have a BluRay drive so I can't test it. Nero Recode installs them as well.

I also don't have BluRay, so I can't test it. I'll check SMC folder. You did not answer me. Do you mean on NScCoreComponents folder?

Cheers ;)

I also don't have BluRay, so I can't test it. I'll check SMC folder. You did not answer me. Do you mean on NScCoreComponents folder?

Cheers ;)

Yes, I meant the NScCoreComponents. I just deleted the files (except for the manifest) from my installation and it works fine. Which files could you not delete?

Most everything in the SMC folder can be deleted. If you plan on making audio cds from mp4/m4a files, you will need to keep ndaudio.dll (and APM_NeroDigital.dll in AudioPlugins). Otherwise, you can delete that too. I just discovered that you also need NeESParser.ax (not included in your Lite distro) and NeAudio2.ax if you want to burn FLAC files to an audio CD.

Unlike Nero v8, most of the dlls don't need to be registered. Only advrcntr4.dll appears to be necessary so you can save a lot of registry clutter by registering only the essentials. Even NeroAPI doesn't need registration, unless you want to use it for burning with third party apps like UltraISO.

Edited by Grope For Luna

Thanks for so much info. Yes, manifest file is only file that can not be deleted, I was wrong when I said two.

Cheers ;)

EDIT: I managed to reduce installation size from 250 MB to 200 MB, and installer size from 42MB to 37 MB (Lite, not checked yet micro). Thanks again. If you have some more useful info for me, please share it.

EDIT 2: Micro will be down to 22MB and installation will take 100MB. Nice. I'll give you credits in my installer for the help.

Edited by mara-

You can deal with some of the dependencies by deleting some of the dependency sections of the manifest files. That should allow you to remove some of the unused folders, and maybe a few unneeded components.

Right now I have a combined Nero Burning Rom / Recode installation that takes up ~90MB.

I have gotten my Micro nero down to around 13 MB.

You probably removed almost everything, I'm trying to keep functionality here. Can you burn audio CD from every file? Does everything works in your Nero properly?

Cheers ;)