[Release] Nero Lite v9.2.6.0

mara-

That's strange. I don't have that problem. Maybe NeroPatentActivation.exe is causing the problem. If you can try this. Install Nero Lite, go to Program Files\Common Files\Nero\AdvrCntr4 and delete mentioned file. Please post here if this solves your problem.

Nope. It's still stuck on unlicenced usage. I uninstall it, put it back on, then redo the key, remove the file and it's still on. No idea what the heck's going on, but it sure is a pain.

Well, I don't know what to say, that's really strange. Maybe you should first remove that file and then enter the key. Also, if you have some firewall other then Windows default you can tell me what file is accessing the Internet so we can see if that file is causing the problem.

Cheers ;)

During the reinstall of Lite, instead of the "enter your serial" dialogue it had the first time, it pops up with an "Unlicenced Usage" dialogue. I may have to go in and manually remove my old serial from the registry first. Is there any way to make that a switch in the installer? Would be easier.

Is that AdveCntr4 file needed in any way? If not, why's it still in the install if all it does is phone home? I think I'm missing a lot, sorry.

During the reinstall of Lite, instead of the "enter your serial" dialogue it had the first time, it pops up with an "Unlicenced Usage" dialogue. I may have to go in and manually remove my old serial from the registry first. Is there any way to make that a switch in the installer? Would be easier.

I think I did not understand. To make what switch?

Is that AdveCntr4 file needed in any way? If not, why's it still in the install if all it does is phone home? I think I'm missing a lot, sorry.

If you are talking about AdvrCntr4.dll, yes it is necessary, Nero will not work without it. If you are talking about NeroPatentActivation.exe I'm not sure what that is for but it looks like the only file for serial checking, but it could be others too. Are you sure that your key is OK, could it be possibe that Nero blacklisted it?

Cheers ;)

Sorry, my mistake. I wasn't very clear at all. I meant make like a "Clear Old Serial" button.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure my serial's not blacklisted. It still works on the full, bloated version of Nero 9.

No go on Vista x64 :unsure:

More details would be helpful. As you can see I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and it works fine for me.

Sorry, my mistake. I wasn't very clear at all. I meant make like a "Clear Old Serial" button.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure my serial's not blacklisted. It still works on the full, bloated version of Nero 9.

Old serial is deleted during installation, before new one is entered. For now, I don't have a clue why is this happening to you, but I'll investigate.

Cheers ;)

Can you add in nerocmd.exe so programs can use the nero burning engine. I am using dvdfab and i don't want to use VSO since it installs drivers and it screws up my system. I rather use nero, but it needs the nerocmd.exe file. i really don't want to install the bloat.

Can you add in nerocmd.exe so programs can use the nero burning engine. I am using dvdfab and i don't want to use VSO since it installs drivers and it screws up my system. I rather use nero, but it needs the nerocmd.exe file. i really don't want to install the bloat.

I'll see about that. It depends if it takes much space and for now I'm not planing to add/change anything until Nero release new version.

Cheers ;)

Thanks for this installer!!!

If anyone gets an error when silent installing this version about windows installer 4.1 or windows installer 3.1 then install the vcredist_x86 redistributable. Great peace of work!

More details?

Vista x64 SP1 Dutch = Installs, but Nero wont run

Vista x64 SP2 Dutch = Nero doesnt even install.

Sorry sp00f, but again you aren't telling me anything. On SP1, do you get any error messages? Anything on Event Viewer? On Sp2, is there any error on installer? And since SP2 is not yet final I can not test it since I do not want to install it until it goes final.

Cheers ;)

EDIT: I had some troubles with my hard disk and I had to replace it. So I installed Vista SP1 x64 on new disk, and I installed Nero Lite. It works perfect. Without any useful info I can't help.

Edited by mara-