[Release] Nero Lite v9.2.6.0

mara-

But then, this is not caused by Lite installer, and in this way Lite installer has advantage over Nero original installer :D.

Yes! :D

That's why I hope you can make a version that includes Nero Vision and its templates...

Hi mara,

Many TNX for this great job ;)

I've downloaded the latest multilanguage version9.2.6.0 build 2.1.

Unfortunately, I can't get the desired language with the the silent install. I always get the italian version.

Here the commands i'v tested w/o success

nero_lite_europa.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=FRENCH
nero_lite_europa.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=French
nero_lite_europa.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=Francais
nero_lite_europa.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=English
nero_lite_europa.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=ENGLISH

On the other hand, i tested the manual installation, and i do get the desired language.

TNX for yr help

coucou

Hi mara,

Many TNX for this great job ;)

I've downloaded the latest multilanguage version9.2.6.0 build 2.1.

Unfortunately, I can't get the desired language with the the silent install. I always get the italian version.

Here the commands i'v tested w/o success

nero_lite_europa.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=FRENCH
nero_lite_europa.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=French
nero_lite_europa.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=Francais
nero_lite_europa.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=English
nero_lite_europa.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=ENGLISH

On the other hand, i tested the manual installation, and i do get the desired language.

TNX for yr help

coucou

You did not download my version. You downloaded version from other guy that also creates Nero Lite on this forum. If you are going to use mine version, the correct usage will be:

Nero_Lite_Installer_Multilanguage_Micro.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=French

I would think that it would make more sense to use the locale codes for language selection. So 1033 would be English. Just a thought.

Maybe that would be better, but I want to leave choice to the user. Maybe I can add switch /language=automatic, so installer detect system language and to install it.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

On my system the international micro installer installs Nero Burning ROM, but it cannot start.

Although I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable provided in this topic, Nero/Windows complains that MFC80U.DLL is missing (and MSVCR80.DLL and MSVCP80.DLL when I copy missing files by hand; if they are all copied Windows suddenly complains that an application tries to use the runtime in a wrong way...)

How can I solve this?

On my system the international micro installer installs Nero Burning ROM, but it cannot start.

Although I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable provided in this topic, Nero/Windows complains that MFC80U.DLL is missing (and MSVCR80.DLL and MSVCP80.DLL when I copy missing files by hand; if they are all copied Windows suddenly complains that an application tries to use the runtime in a wrong way...)

How can I solve this?

That's strange. Uninstall Nero Micro, use General Clean Tool, Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable. Reboot. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable, then install Nero Micro.

Cheers ;)

That's strange. Uninstall Nero Micro, use General Clean Tool, Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable. Reboot. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable, then install Nero Micro.

Tried it. Unfortunately I still get the error "This application has failed to start because MFC80U.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

But MFC80U.DLL is on my system. Several times... (part of the DAEMON Tools Lite, part of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, and in C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS)

Download MFC80U.DLL from Here. Place it in your nero micro directory (where the main DLL files for nero are). Register the dll (using RUN/CMD or a batch).

Batch

regsvr32 "MFC80U.DLL"

Place the bat file in the same directory as the dll.

Edited by x-Shadow-x

Did some investigation and solved the problem myself!

It turns out that the manifest file C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Burning ROM\Nero.exe.manifest is missing...

Copied that single file from someone's working installation and now Nero starts just fine!

Is this just an error on my system, or is the file missing in the lite installer (I used lite instead of micro in the latest test)

Did some investigation and solved the problem myself!

It turns out that the manifest file C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 9\Nero Burning ROM\Nero.exe.manifest is missing...

Copied that single file from someone's working installation and now Nero starts just fine!

Is this just an error on my system, or is the file missing in the lite installer (I used lite instead of micro in the latest test)

It's possible that is missing. I'll check it. Thanks for posting how you solved the issue.

Cheers ;)

EDIT: Yes, the file is missing. I'll fix it and re-upload fixed installers tomorrow. It's strange that nobody else reported this problem.

Edited by mara-

Thanks for posting how you solved the issue.

My pleasure.

And once again: thanks for creating this installer (this one does install while the official Nero installer fails every time!)

not sure if the switches are correct for nero anymore....i used to have no prob installing them and they worked, i had to do a reformat and now all i get is Nero Burning Rom to install but not Nero Express

nero_micro_9.2.6.0.exe /unattended /serial=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

weird how now only nero rom installs..

hope someone can help..

ScOOt3r