[Release] Nero Lite v9.2.6.0

mara-

PROJECT CLOSED, NO NEED TO PM ME ABOUT LINKS!

Nero Lite v9.2.6.0

Since we all know that Nero is getting more bloated with every version they publish, I decided to continue where Acheron stopped. I created lite installer of Nero 9. But my installer is quite different from his. I created my own installer, so I'm not using Inno for it, and I'm not considering using it because this way it's easier for me.

Nero Lite installer includes following products:

- Nero BurningROM (Included in Micro version);

- Nero Express; (Included in Micro version)

- Nero Cover Designer;

- Nero ToolKit (DiscSpeed, DriveSpeed, InfoTool, BurnRights);

- Nero WaveEditor;

To use Nero 9 Lite you need to have valid serial.

Nero Lite installer information:

- Size: 37.84 MB

- MD5: 4ed674c4d03a67ee325c2f36a076a42b

Nero Lite installer - Micro information:

- Size: 21.93 MB

- MD5: 540943bb7ac815ac5a84012e4e1b6819

Nero Lite Multilanguage installer information:

- Size: 41.28 MB

- MD5: dcca628c415ca684b6f4e57b205b0250

Nero Lite Multilanguage installer - Micro information:

- Size: 24.12 MB

- MD5: 23aa65bfd444d1ed6a107eabb9b0d17f

Nero 9 Requirements:

- Windows Installer 3.1 or higher

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable

The size of this installer is larger then Acheron's because Nero files are now bigger.

To install Nero Lite completely silent use the switches in this way:

nero_lite_installer.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

To install Nero Lite completely silent with only Nero BurningROM and Nero Express use the switches in this way:

nero_lite_installer.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /verylite

To install Nero Lite Multilanguage completely silent use switches in this way [English language will be installed and selected]:

nero_lite_installer.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

To install Nero Lite Multilanguage completely silent with additional language use switches in this way:

nero_lite_installer.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=yourlanguage

yourlanguage needs to be replaced with your language in English form. Here is example:

nero_lite_installer.exe /unattended /serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /language=Spanish

First letter in the name of language must be capital letter (Example: Spanish is OK, spanish is not OK). Selected language will be also activated as default in Nero.

where XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX represents your serial. You need to enter it with dashes. If you did not type switches correctly or you did not enter serial in correct format installer will not start installation, and you won't get any message that installation did not start.

Uninstaller is also included, but it won't be showed in Add/Remove programs. You will have the shortcut in Start Menu of it and you can use the installer for uninstall. After uninstall you will probably have to reboot (you'll get prompt if needed) because some files are in use and can be only deleted after reboot. Do not try to install again Nero if you did not reboot after uninstall, because commands are added which will delete remaining Nero files/folder on next reboot.

It is also recommended that you use General Nero Clean tool if you used full original installer of Nero 9, so you can remove all junk. The tool can be found here.

Changelog:

Version 1.4 [Date: 04/08/2009]

- Fixed shortcut creation of Nero Express in Nero Lite installer;
- Reduced size in all installers;
- Reduced number of written registry values;
- Added missing files for burning FLAC files to Audio CD;
- Fixed error which CoverDesigner reports about def.dat.

Version 1.3 [Date: 02/17/2009]

- Fixed problem with missing .manifest file;
- Reduced size of installers;
- Fixed problem with Micro versions when installing with silent switches;

Version 1.2 [Date: 12/24/2008]

- Improved automatic serial entering with Nero ControlCenter (this should finally fix Nero FATAL ERROR);
- Updated Nero files to version 9.2.6.0

Version 1.1 [Date: 12/19/2008]

- Fixed issue with Nero ControlConter failing when entering the serial;
- Fixed issue with automatic serial entering (this will fix Nero FATAL ERROR);
- Added options for choosing which applications to install;
- Changed the usage of the switches;

Version 1.0 [Date: 12/15/2008]

- Initial release

Tutorial for creating addon (svcpack, RunOnce)

If you find any bugs, report it so I can fix it. Also, one note. Installer will write serial automatically using Nero ControlCenter. If this does not work for someone use manually Nero ControlCenter to enter you serial, and report here that it does not work so I can try to find another way.

If your antivirus reports that Lite or Lite - Micro installer, or Uninstall.exe is some kind of a virus that is false positive and you can ignore it.

KNOWN ISSUES: Links in the programs do not work and probably will not work for the future version since Nero made it hard coded. For example in Nero Express, link "Switch to Nero BurningROM" will not work.

[urls removed].

Thanks to Grope For Luna for very useful info.

I hope you like the Lite installer.

Cheers ;)

Edited by puntoMX
Nero expressly forbids redistribution of their applications - see http://www.nero.com/enu/copyright.html. Links removed, thread closed.

Spanish version, please.

Thanks.

I'll add later, when I have more time other languages in separate installer, and I'll add options for installing only the products user wants. I'll also add some more options for customization.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Hm, it seems that my check for it is not very good. Check if you have this Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{7299052b-02a4-4627-81f2-1818da5d550d}

If not merge the key in attachment.

Redistributable_2005.rar

After you install Nero Lite you can remove that key. I'm working on new version of installer which will have some new options I mentioned in first post. Also, I'll improve that check.

Cheers ;)

Your key was diffrent from mine

Mine;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{A49F249F-0C91-497F-86DF-B2585E8E76B7}]
"DisplayName"="Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable"

But I imported your key into Xp.....and the instal went fine but trying to start nero:

SNAG-0000.jpg

:ph34r:

You did not install correct library, that's why Installer complained that your system does not fulfill requirements and that's why you probably get that error. You need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable to get it running. In next version I'll include this into installer so people does not have that problem.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Hello :hello:

Mine

SNAG-0001.jpg

Yours

SNAG-0000-1.jpg

I hav instaled your version :sneaky: ....and reinstaled nero.....but:

SNAG-0002-1.jpg

:blink:

Do not give up, I will do the nessesary testing, together we will beat the system!! :thumbup

Edit:

I used the Nero General-CleanTool to clean the aplication away, and reinstaled nero...no go.

Edited by Floppy

I found similar error code on this forum. It was some problem with the serial. Try this. Go to key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nero\Shared\NL9

Now rename Serial9_1228767565 just to Serial9.

It would be the best that you delete that key and enter it with control center, but entering with control center will not work because I forgot to add to installer some registry entries to be written.

Cheers ;)

EDIT: I installer Nero Lite on fresh Windows XP which never had Nero and I got that error. Then I deleted registry key and entered serial using Control Center and Nero worked. I'll need to find another way of entering. Direct entering to registry don't work. I could use some help here.

Edited by mara-