nLiting Windows XP 64bit SP2

ijwcomp

ijwcomp, you are welcome. You might look into VirtualBox. They announced x64 support a few months ago, but I know of no one who has tried it and don't know if it requires VT. Sorry about the missing MiniPlayer. I miss it too, but alas, it is not part of x64 - one more item on the 32/64 differences. I saw a wireless (AirLink 101) in a Fry's flyer for $10. Probably cheaper to just buy one rather than beat your head on the wall. Have you looked at the chip manufacturer? I have a TrendNet NIC and got my 64 bit driver from RealTech (made the chip). Enjoy, John.

The modifications you made for iTunes do work for an iPod 5G at least (I tried it). As for changing ProgramFilesDir, DO IT using nLite since it will modify the registry values for the Windows 32 layer of Windows X64 (so 32bit programs won't have any problem at all).

I will post some kind of guide for X64 soon. I'm really close to success, but had to scripts in order to clean the folder structure mess. The path to programfilesdir is HARDCODED in the mui's INF files (as \Program Files).

In fact, when cmdlines.txt is run see this SET dump...

ProgramFiles=D:\Herramientas
ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)
CommonProgramFiles=D:\Herramientas\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)

The x86 values are wrong. They only get fixed after the first reboot (when the runonceex entries are processed).

@johnhc Oh.. I thought that I didn't slipstream Windows Media Player 11 properly or something.. LOL..

Oh well about the wireless, I'll just run a virtual machine when I want to use the Internet; USB wireless adapters that actually support Windows XP x64 are quite expensive (in my country) right now.

And VirtualBox does require Intel VT as well to run a 64bit guest.. oh well... time to dual-boot/triple-boot my PC..

@ darks0ul Hm... I probably should stick to the default Program Files folders so it doesn't screw up my installation :rolleyes:

And thanks for the confirmation about the iPod working with iTunes...

A few more questions:

- Shockwave - How do you make it completely silent? The /S switch works but a random ad advertising this toolbar shows up.

- CloneCD - A prompt saying "Your Computer needs to be restarted. Reboot Now?" comes up when using the /S switch. (NSIS)

- /VERYSILENT switch works but restarts computer (Inno Setup)

- What is a good x64 compatible defragger?

darksoul: i already posted a howto on changing programfiles folder names on ryanvm. It may be a bit messy but it gets the job done.

ijwcomp: check out shark007's shockwave installer. Though the latest version of shockwave may be silently installable,good enough by itself. But beware of eventual google toolbar installer. It's possible to extract the installer i think.

ijwcomp, I had the same problem with Shockwave. There is no switch to decline the toolbar. I even contacted Adobe technical support. I ended up writing an AutoIt script to do it. I highly recommend it for installers and many more things. It is easy to learn and free. My son uses DiskKeeper (32 bit XP) and is very happy with it. There is a 64 bit version. I just use the MS one in my OS. Search the Internet for AutoIt and DiskKeeper. I know nothing about the other two and recommend you search the Internet for ideas. Oh, DiskKeeper is not free but there are free automatic defraggers - I don't have knowledge, so no recommendation. Enjoy, John.

TranceEnergy, I don't read those boards, however the guide is top notch. Have you tried your procedures with a second partition (ie: D:\PF_64)? You took the time to search for all the wrong registry entries, which is amazing :)

johnhc: I use Auslogics DiskDefrag. It is free, and much better than Diskeeper (I used DK for years). It can defragment opened files that Diskeeper cannot. And works in windows x64.

Yay.. I got a license for DiskKeeper (didn't know it works with x64).. just need to download the x64 version (I delete stuff I don't need and I didn't need x64 versions of programs until now..)

Shark007's Shockwave installer does work... but I don't know if it installs in both the x64 and x86 Internet Explorer and Firefox. I don't even know if there is a version for x64 computers.

Is there a PowerMenu (http://www.abstractpath.com/powermenu/) for x64 Windows (something that can minimize programs to the system taskbar and display certain windows on top) PowerMenu works with x86 programs but not for x64 programs.

Is there a ResHacker for x64? If so, where?...

Edited by ijwcomp