Adding Hebrew Language Pack To Office 2007

infer73

Well, after some (a lot) of trial & error, I have a (semi) functional DVD with XP SP3, IE7, WMP11, Office 2007 and such

problem is, I want to install the Hebrew language pack for Office 2007, and I can't seem to find

any guide to doing it, or if it's even possible

tried doing it like with Office 2007 (using setup /admin and creating an MSP file) but it didn't work,

and frankly I couldn't think of any other idea...

any help would be appreciated

thanks

infer73, I only have some questions. What do you mean by 'semi functional'? Are you trying to put Office 2007 and the language pack in using nLite? How are you putting Office 2007 using nLite? Please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini, also make sure you are not running nLite more than once against the same source and integrate only one SP. Always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and do all your work in one nLite session. Have you considered a virtual system (VirtualPC, VirtualBox, VMware Server - all free) for testing? Enjoy, John.

What I meant by semi-functional is that it's not yet complete, not that it doesn't work (because it does)

however, I did attach my last "LAST SESSION.INI" file.

testing is not a problem, since I have a computer right next to mine which I wanted to format anyways, so I keep testing on him

I installed Office 2007 by adding it to the windows DVD and created an MSP file and I run the installation using

RunOnce and it installs fine.

problem is, I just have no idea what so ever on how to install the language pack since it can't be installed using the same method

(because you can't create [or at least I failed to create] an MSP file for it)

I don't try to install the language pack using nLite, since I know that won't work, but I just have no idea

on how to install it

Edit:

And while I'm here,

nLite doesn't set the correct timezone I tell it to

does anyone know how to set the timezone via a registry change?

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by infer73

infer73, I am not familiar with MSP files, but they look interesting and I will look into them. Seems like you know them well. I have seen some discussions in the WPI forum about installing Office 2007, but I don't remember seeing talk about language packs. The time zone problem is being discussed right now - see the post. I looked at your Last Session.ini and it looks like you are applying hot fixes to IE7 before IE7 is installed. you should place the IE7 installer first. Please be sure to run nLite only once against the same source and integrate only one SP. Please do some searching about Office and language packs. Sorry I can't offer more help. Perhaps someone else will response. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: infer73, see this. I found it by searching Google for "silent install office language pack". There were many hits - take a look. I know this is off the wall, but have you considered Open Office? I use and like it, and it is free! Enjoy, John.

Edited by johnhc

I want to install the Hebrew language pack for Office 2007, and I can't seem to find

any guide to doing it, or if it's even possible

tried doing it like with Office 2007 (using setup /admin and creating an MSP file) but it didn't work

Create a file called Config.xml alongside setup.exe file and add the next code in it:

<Configuration Product="OMUI.en-us">

<Display Level="Basic" CompletionNotice="No" SuppressModal="No" NoCancel="Yes" AcceptEula="Yes" />

<!-- <Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office English (United States) Language Pack Setup(*).txt" /> -->

<!-- <PIDKEY Value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" /> -->

<!-- <USERNAME Value="Customer" /> -->

<!-- <COMPANYNAME Value="MyCompany" /> -->

<!-- <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /> -->

<!-- <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" /> -->

<!-- <SOURCELIST Value="\\server1\share\Office12;\\server2\share\Office12" /> -->

<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="\\server\share\Office12" /> -->

<OptionState Id="AlwaysInstalled" State="Local" Children="force" />

<OptionState Id="Gimme_OnDemandData" State="Local" Children="force" />

<!-- <Setting Id="Reboot" Value="IfNeeded" /> -->

<!-- <Command Path="msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" /> -->

</Configuration>

Check on the top of the code and change

OMUI.en-us

with your language initials and

Microsoft Office English (United States) Language Pack

with

Microsoft Office Hebrew Language Pack

Also you can change

Display Level="Basic"

value with

Display Level="None"

if you don't want progress bar on the screen.

For unattended install of language pack, run setup.exe without switches.

Edited by radix