Windows 7 RTM Programs Compatibility List

spacesurfer

I updated my previous post here to build 7100 and did an overall cleanup.

Whoa! You might want to use a darker shade of green. I can barely read the bright green text.

:blushing: You're right.

Corrected :hello:

Edited by Smiley89

An update regarding ATI Tray Tools: on Win 7 x64, it has the same Driver Signing Issue as in Vista x64. For further infos about the problem, see my post at page 2 or google "driver signing windows x64"

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps great news to many, if not, at least me.

Latest version of Comodo Firewall is compatible with Windows 7 RC and 7127 x86 versions.

I will be testing on x64 versions soon.

Edit: Well, it seems Comodo Firewall doesn't report to windows security as I didn't see it as active in action center. Only windows firewall shows up as active. I don't doubt that it is working but I really think Comodo Firewall will need some compatibility update for windows 7.

I think that for the most part Windows 7 will be compatable with MOST software and if its not then when they release the full version of windows 7 there will be updates to most of the software that dosent work so that it does.

• 2 weeks later...

Tested on x64 7124:

- Norton Antivirus 2009 installs. Don't know if it works.

- MSI's SCM (System Control Manager) installs but does not open. One of the functions the SCM provides is the ability to use a webcam built into the notebook.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Windows 7 x64

Intel SEC Installer = does not install

Norton 360 trial = installs, don't know if it works.

Nero 8 Essentials Suite 2 = installs but does not uninstall, also some parts won't work like licensing.

Of course x64 is always a guess with some programs.

• 2 weeks later...

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (latest is 9.0.0.463) works without any problem in Windows 7 x86 RTM.

I tried the beta versions (not the official one for Windows 7 which is 8.0.0.xxxx) on the RC and they worked fine as well.

I was using Alcohol 52% in Windows 7 x86 RC but now with the RTM it doesn't work. I got a compatibility problem windows and that's all.

SPTD was the same in RC and RTM.

I had to resort to Slysoft Virtual Clone Drive for the moment...

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbup Windows 7 RC-full updated on a PentiumIII-650mhz-512sdram@133pc 20gbhdd in a Micron ClientPro on a seattle mobo440bxchipset flies lightning smooth with a 2-4gb pagefile :rolleyes::whistle: Just letting ya know McAfee Security does not yet like Windows7Ultimate,the "beta"antivirus crashes a lot too."Question?"-"is there a free anti-virus available besides Kaspersky as they are not fully compatible either?" :blushing: :unsure: thanks for any info,as i'm busy loading 98SE,W2KAdvSrv,XPHome&XPPro and Win7 on a large Computer and creating a compatible boot manager ffor all and still leaving room for my LighthousePuppy/mariner OS :rolleyes: Maybe the anti-virus could be compatible with all these?Like AvastAntivrus? :hello:

• 2 weeks later...

I have one program that's not completely compatible: Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.6 running on x64 RTM.

When I use either IE 8 or Firefox 3.5.2 to open a PDF file in the browser, Acrobat itself pops up on the screen, with the following message:

"The Adobe Reader that is running can not be used to view PDF files in a Web Browser. Please exit and try again."

I do not have Adobe Reader installed, only Acrobat. However, the PDF file still opens in the browser window, after closing the Acrobat window.

I do not get the message if Acrobat.exe is a currently running process at the time I attempt to open the PDF file.

I've tried several workarounds suggested on various Adobe forums and other web sites, including running the Acrobat installation program as an administrator, setting Acrobat to run as administrator (but then I get the UAC prompt in addition to the error message!), performing a repair installation, and testing in a separate account from the installation account. None of these did the trick.

Has anybody else seen this same annoyance? It seems to be limited to 64-bit versions of Win 7, but appears to have been around since the first beta and is still present in RTM. If you can lend me a hand, thanks!

Edited by jrf2027

It's a known bug by Adobe, and it seems like it's fixed in 9.1.3 (9.1.2 had the bug, 9.1.3 does not).

So it looks like my only options are (1) buy Acrobat Pro 9, (2) hope Adobe fixes it in a future update to the 8 series, or (3) have Acrobat open every time I'm online. Great...